View Full Version : World of Beer

FighttheGoodFight
01-13-2016, 08:15 AM
I didn't see a thread for this. World of Beer is being built in front of Academy in the TIF district in Norman.

World of Beer - Home (http://worldofbeer.com/)

https://www.facebook.com/World-of-Beer-Norman-135415666806274/

550 beers. Tavern food.

bille
01-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Came here looking for a thread, hoping somebody would know when they are opening. IM'd their FB page but haven't received a response. I'm beyond excited at the possibility of a bar nearby that takes craft beer seriously. Hopefully they'll fill that void!

FighttheGoodFight
01-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Came here looking for a thread, hoping somebody would know when they are opening. IM'd their FB page but haven't received a response. I'm beyond excited at the possibility of a bar nearby that takes craft beer seriously. Hopefully they'll fill that void!

Looking at the structure. It could be a another six months. Nothing official though.

OK_Astro
10-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Does anybody have an update on this project? Seems to be in the works for quite some time now.

pure
10-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Seriously, this and Corner Bakery...what gives? It felt like it took Chili's 2 weeks to build. Same with the new Metro Shoe Warehouse.

progressiveboy
10-29-2016, 09:40 AM
When I was in OKC last month, I stopped at Corner Bakery on Memorial. I spoke with the manager and she stated the deal fell through for both the Norman location and the NW 122 & McArthur location.

mattjank
11-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Does anybody have an update on this project? Seems to be in the works for quite some time now.
I was at Torchy's this morning and noticed there are for lease signs up in the windows of the spot where WOB was supposed to go and the interior is completely empty. Guess it is dead.

soonerstan56
11-09-2016, 04:37 PM
The passage of s.q. 792 may have been the final straw in making WOB unique in a high cost area to do business.

jedicurt
01-03-2017, 02:46 PM
my friend was the health inspector for the area in norman, and she says that while they were able to get the plans approved for the food permit, she said that everytime she talked to them, they still had hoops to go through with ABLE, and that it was that they kept fighting with ABLE till they just gave up... if anything the passage of 792, might be enough to get them to try again...