View Full Version : Boot Barn

mkjeeves
12-09-2015, 03:03 PM
I noticed the OKC Sheplers store has changed.

Sheplers brand going away after 116 years, morphing into Boot Barn

Sheplers stores are being rebranded as Boot Barn and the changeover is expected to be completed by Thanksgiving, said Boot Barn vice president Jayme Maxwell.

Irvine, Calif.-based Boot Barn purchased Wichita, Kansas-based Sheplers in June for $147 million to create the largest western wear retailer in the U.S.

Before the companies merged, Boot Barn had 152 stores in 23 states. Sheplers, a chain of 25 stores in 10 states with a healthy e-commerce business, had sales of $157 million in its last year, including $66 million online. Together the two chains represent more than $550 million in annual sales.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/sheplers-brand-going-away-after-116-years-morphing-into-boot-barn.html/

Bunty
12-09-2015, 11:32 PM
It's been too long since I been there. It's good Shepler's got taken over by a company already well experience in western wear.

Urbanized
12-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Man, as a Wichita kid this bums out. I haven't so much as been inside of Shepler's In a couple of decades, so my despair is entirely existential. But I do have fond memories of going there with my dad in the seventies and eighties - the company's prime era and the last time frame when I wore cowboy boots - to get school duds.

Roger S
12-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Man, as a Wichita kid this bums out. I haven't so much as been inside of Shepler's In a couple of decades, so my despair is entirely existential. But I do have fond memories of going there with my dad in the seventies and eighties - the company's prime era and the last time frame when I wore cowboy boots - to get school duds.

Right there with ya... We would stop there whenever we were delivering hogs from Buhler to Wichita when I was a kid.... I loved the smell of leather when you walked in the store... I may have to make a run up there one last time... I just bought a pair of boots but I might need to snag me a Shepler's boot jack before they are gone!

mkjeeves
12-10-2015, 07:22 AM
My dad shopped there, both in store and catalog, pre-internet. I think I went in there last twenty years ago looking for a gift for him. I am surprised the store stayed open locally. There was never anyone in the parking lot. Also surprised they are now part of the largest western wear retailer in the nation. The proximity to the fairgrounds must be a plus for that location but otherwise, there are a lot better places for retail these days.

ljbab728
12-10-2015, 10:11 PM

I have some of their boots in my closet but I don't think I've had them on in over 20 years. LOL