View Full Version : BBQ as compared to . . .

RadicalModerate
11-06-2015, 12:21 PM
So . . . Last night, during a period of laziness, I suggested to my SweetWife that I would save the cooking of the Organic Chicken Thighs for tomorrow. I suggested a quick stop by the Buy For Less at Hefner and Penn.

They don't have a "Trendy Food Truck." Instead, there are two "ladies of color" (is that racist?) purveying some of the tastiest Q ever in just about the friendliest, most natural and best environment ever. And at a fair price.

The well-seasoned lady who carefully trimmed the fat off the last of the brisket after asking if I wanted that done and before weighing the purchase proved to me--as if I needed proof--that it is easy to be Blessed, regardless of "race/creed/color" in The Great State of Oklahoma.

(ironically, the dude just ahead of me, in line, holding up traffic, was having an animated discussion with the ladies on the other side of the counter involving the New Rules about "Texting in Traffic"/and/or "Using a Cell Phone."

Here's the beauty part: When the lady ("of color") saw how fast I ran my card through the scanner she smiled and said, "If my ex-husband was that fast to flash the cash we'd probably still be married."

Like I said: A decent, and very tasty, BBQ alternative. Buy For Less. Hefner and Penn, Celebrating Diversity and Common Sense since, at least, sometime in the '60's.BBQ from Thursday thru Sunday until they run out.

Mel
11-06-2015, 01:21 PM
I have gotten some pretty good Q from those little Mom and Pop set ups in grocery stores. Of course walking by the trailer smoker on the way in puts me in a Q trance anyway. Don't see them as much as I use too.

Roger S
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I have gotten some pretty good Q from those little Mom and Pop set ups in grocery stores. Of course walking by the trailer smoker on the way in puts me in a Q trance anyway. Don't see them as much as I use too.

Yeah... I think the little Q place in the GFF at 12th and Santa Fe in Moore won Best of Moore this year.... Not shabby considering they are up against Earl's and we all know how many years Earl's won the Best of OKC until they finally got knocked off this year.

TheTravellers
11-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Yeah... I think the little Q place in the GFF at 12th and Santa Fe in Moore won Best of Moore this year.... Not shabby considering they are up against Earl's and we all know how many years Earl's won the Best of OKC until they finally got knocked off this year.

Never liked Earl's Q (and never understand how they're "Best of OKC" (oh yeah, it's a popularity contest, not a quality contest)), but had some ribs from the GFF stand during our DR test this year and they were really good, better than any ribs I've had in OKC!

Roger S
11-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Never liked Earl's Q (and never understand how they're "Best of OKC" (oh yeah, it's a popularity contest, not a quality contest)), but had some ribs from the GFF stand during our DR test this year and they were really good, better than any ribs I've had in OKC!

Once upon a time, way back before I started making my own Q... No, not even back then did I really care for Earl's... I always ate wings when we went there.... lol

My current favorite ribs in OKC are coming from The Flying Pig food truck..... He has also hinted that he may occasionally offer beef ribs but I don't think he has actually pulled the trigger on it yet.