View Full Version : Shepherd Self Storage

Pete
11-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Wanted to give props to this local business because I've had the best experience with them.

http://shepherdstoragellc.com/

I looked at Public Storage on Penn & I-44 and it was $100 for a 10 x 10.

Shepherd (on Villa north of 23rd right behind Shepherd Mall) is only $80 per month and...

If you contribute $25 to the nearby Cleveland school, they take the monthly rate down to $70. So of course I did that. There is no contractual obligation, just pay month-to-month.

They said they've given almost $15K to Cleveland school through this program, which is very cool.

Plus, their units are all new or newish and even the little main office building is a better than what you see elsewhere.

Happy to give this local company my business and save money at the same time.

Bullbear
11-02-2015, 02:32 PM
I pass that place all the time.. that's great that they do that for Cleveland Elementary!

catch22
11-02-2015, 02:32 PM
I use SecureCare out in Midwest City. I have some things stored there as it was never my intention to leave OKC permanently. I will check out this company whenever I come back, as I am not 100% impressed with who I am with and I seem to get a rate increase every so often.

Pete
11-02-2015, 02:37 PM
You can get in and out via a code at 3 different gates but only between 6AM and 10PM.

Doubt many would need access outside those hours but honestly, I'd prefer they opened a bit earlier as I'm an extreme morning person.

They also give each person a unique code so they always know who's been in and out and when, plus they have tons of security cameras.

They also require everyone to use one of those un-cuttable round locks but they provide one for only $10. I needed a good lock anyway so it saved me a trip to the hardware store.

Super easy to get setup there, very well maintained and seems super secure. And they were incredibly nice.

NWOKCGuy
11-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear they are giving back. I remember when they were proposing that there was a lot of pushback.

mugofbeer
11-05-2015, 10:13 PM
I am glad they seem to be a good and giving bunch of folks. I was not happy at all with them going in that location because I feel Shepherd Mall would make a great multi-use lifestyle center of thhe type we are seeing converted malls going to around the country.

Mr. Cotter
11-06-2015, 12:55 PM
That would have been nice, but the immediate surrounding neighborhood would probably scare off any of the out of state development money needed to do so. I say this as someone with a nice house less than a 1/4 mile from this storage center.

Pete
11-06-2015, 01:00 PM
As it happens, I rented a 10x10 unit assuming that would be plenty big... But while everything fits in, it's so jammed packed I can't find anything.

Fortunately for me, they have available 10x20 units directly across the driveway so I'll merely move my stuff over to the larger unit once I have a bit more time. Then, I'll organize everything and start another big purge.

Doubling the size only takes me from $70 / month to $95 / month; this is with the discount after my $25 contribution to Cleveland school.