View Full Version : Remaking Rocky Horror Picture Show

kelroy55
10-22-2015, 06:23 AM
Blasphemy I say......... What is the need to take a classic movie and remake it?

(The Hollywood Reporter)Following a lengthy casting process, Fox has found the star of its upcoming "Rocky Horror Picture Show."

"Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox will take on the iconic role of Frank-N-Furter in the network's upcoming movie event "Rocky Horror Picture Show" remake, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The character was made famous by Tim Curry in the 1975 cult classic, which celebrated its 40th anniversary this year and continues to be screened at midnight in theaters across the country. The two-hour Fox special, due in fall 2016, will be directed, exec produced and choreographed by Kenny Ortega ("High School Musical") and filmed in advance.

Ortega, Gail Berman and Lou Adler, who produced the original film, are attached as exec producers. The new "Rocky" will be produced by Fox 21 Television studios and Berman's The Jackal Group. Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga previously were offered the part.

Plutonic Panda
10-22-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't like it. I've heard a Shining Remake is in store and they are already remaking It. I don't see why they have to remake all of these classic movies. Well, I'm assuming they're going to make money from it, so take what you want from that.

Achilleslastand
10-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe they could call it Rocky Horror Picture Show 2 electric boogaloo, where FrankNFurter bonds with a group of streetwise breakdancers to save a decrepit old castle.

kevinpate
10-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Maybe they could call it Rocky Horror Picture Show 2 electric boogaloo, where FrankNFurter bonds with a group of streetwise breakdancers to save a decrepit old castle.

:Smiley173 :bow: :bow:

ljbab728
10-22-2015, 08:29 PM
If they toss in some rap or hip hop to make it current, I will throw up. :mad:

jerrywall
10-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Boo! RHPS was lightning in a bottle, a one time thing. The movie itself is terrible. And that's what is great about it. To try to remake it, modernize it? People aren't going to be doing shadowcasting with the new more nor are they going to be seeing new versions of the stage musical.

Uptowner
10-23-2015, 01:10 PM
I think the important part to note is it's a TV movie. So unless the tweets love it as much as high school musical. We probably won't have to pay much attention to it.

okatty
10-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Saw a group interview with the cast on Today show last week - was really good and interesting. Susan Sarandon talked about getting sick during filming because it was so damp and cold all the time. They told some good stories about the process and how times have changed in terms of making movies - then v now.

ljbab728
10-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Saw a group interview with the cast on Today show last week - was really good and interesting. Susan Sarandon talked about getting sick during filming because it was so damp and cold all the time. They told some good stories about the process and how times have changed in terms of making movies - then v now.

This is what you saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6NEi-5B4Y

Mel
10-23-2015, 11:56 PM
It was kind of rough seeing Tim Curry like that. Great Scott! Remake RHPS! I throw a roll of TP at that.

Eddie1
10-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Susan Sarandon still looks great!