View Full Version : Game day party idea, late October style

kevinpate
08-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Time to eat!

http://www.okctalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11398&stc=1

Laramie
08-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Looks great!

My cholesterol levels will not permit me to return to these food groups which was a struggle for me throughout life. Sure, I kept the weight down but the damage was done. It's taken me 9 years of exercise, better food choices to gain back my balance & coordination since my stroke suffered in 2006. A brain scan & MRI showed that several previous light strokes had occurred as evidenced thru scar tissue on my brain.

All the years of tailgating, party favorites, chips, dips and buffet dining had to be reduced to once ever other month.

Man does those links & ribs look great. Use to smoke & barbeque throughout my life--passed down to me from a generation of family members. Occasionally, when I'm in Texas for family reunions, my relatives draft me to cook & smoke the meats--they watch my techniques; then, they don't want me to leave.

Thanks kevinpate for the memories. Need to mark my calendar in preparation for this year's Red River Rivalry, got to show the Texans that their barbeque, fried chicken, rabbit, link sausages, potato salad and yeast rolls are alive & kicking in Oklahoma as well.

It's that annual time of the year to put the apron back on... http://www.okctalk.com/images/icons/ou.png GO SOONERS!

okatty
08-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Off topic but I saw an article in NY Times today about Paris (France) BBQ dining and one of the spots has a smoker from Oklahoma. Frog Revolution is the name. So yes, Okla. style cooking goes far and wide!:)

I'd have some "thigh" - along with some intestine and a rib or two!

Mel
08-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Oh my goodness that looks good. Real good. Might be a bit freaky if it started serving you. Can't eat like that anymore either. But looking ain't cheatin'.

kevinpate
08-30-2015, 07:04 PM
While I probably shouldn't enjoy such good eats as often as I do, I do, I do, I do indeedie do.
(but if my lovely is going to be with me, it's a near certainty I'd be fixing her plate. I don't see her going anywhere near such a table.)