View Full Version : MLB.TV and Blackout Rules

rte66man
08-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Did you know that OKC is within the home viewing area of 4 different MLB franchises? I can understand the Rangers. Less so the Royals and Cardinals. But the Astros? It is nearly 500 miles from OKC to Houston. What that means is Astros games are always blacked out on MLB.TV. The other 3 teams can be found on truly local broadcasts, but not the Astros games. I don't get it. And baseball wonders why it loses more and more fans every year. Instead of encouraging viewing, they destroy it with stupid blackout rules. :mad::mad::mad:

OKCretro
08-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Yea fox sw used to show them Astros games in the Okc market when they didn't conflict with the Rangers.
But now since the Astros have their own channel no local package is available. I don't think they are blacked out on the MLB channel

rte66man
08-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Yea fox sw used to show them Astros games in the Okc market when they didn't conflict with the Rangers.
But now since the Astros have their own channel no local package is available. I don't think they are blacked out on the MLB channel

They are. That's why I'm mad. I wanted to watch the Dodgers-Astros game on Friday. Was blacked out. I missed the Fiers no hitter due to that.

bradh
08-23-2015, 09:10 PM
rte66man you a Stros fan? I have DirecTV with the sports pack and don't miss a game on Root Sports, I'm loving this season!

blangtang
08-30-2015, 12:20 AM
mlb.tv+ hola unblocker works as a get- around on my computer... I can watch the blackout teams this way on the laptop.

i run mlb.tv thru my roku for actual tv, but I dont know a workaround to get blacked out games on my tv... I agree it sucks

FWIW, theres a place in indiana that is blacked out of 6 teams (both chicago teams,STL, DET,CIN +1 other -cant recall the last one...) guess we got it good here, lol!