View Full Version : Ghost Town: Meridian Ok

MattB
08-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Wife and I made a road trip to three Oklahoma ghost towns: Meridian, Ingalls, and Fallis. Meridian was the first stop.

SoonerDave
08-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Bet the interior of the old, red brick building (a school, I presume?) would have some great interior shots. Was it fenced off, or just a matter of having gone as far as you were comfortable?

Might have to check the place out someday :)

Pete
08-13-2015, 07:05 PM
That old school!

Sooo cool.

Thanks so much for sharing all of these. Fascinating stuff.

boscorama
08-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Meridian still has a post office, albeit some sort of portable building and I think it's one of those which might close. The large rock building was most recently a community center/church and polling place on election days. Fire department bean suppers were held there until just a few years ago. Now it sits empty but you can walk right up to it. The brick building was a school/community center back in the day. The building with sign was a small store which actually had a functioning gas pump as recently as 10 years ago. Not pictured is St Paul Baptist Church, alive and well. Meridian is notable for street signs at so many intersections. The town ceased having a city government a couple years back.

MattB
08-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Bet the interior of the old, red brick building (a school, I presume?) would have some great interior shots. Was it fenced off, or just a matter of having gone as far as you were comfortable?

Might have to check the place out someday :)

Tresspassing signs, Dave. Check out my other post on Fallis Okla. I did go inside the old school house.