View Full Version : Irrigation systems

Celebrator
08-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Hitting you all up once again for a recommendation. Now that I know where my boundary lines are, I need to have some sprinkler lines moved. Anyone recommend a solid irrigation company?

turnpup
08-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Our landscape/lawncare company does irrigation. We've used them for several years now, and they always do excellent work for us.

CityScapes | An Oklahoma City Metro Area Landscape Design Company (http://www.cityscapeslandscape.com)

BBatesokc
08-10-2015, 05:06 AM
By far my favorite company/individual to deal with is James Irrigation.

Owner/operator, originally from Texas (where they actually have code/regulations regarding irrigation systems) and he follows their codes for consistency.

I had several companies come out to revamp our system and his price was one of the best and I really liked his hard working attitude. He's a good o'boy and tells it like it is.

I like that when he showed up he showed me his Texas credentials and even gave me some excellent literature on maintaining my system on my own to avoid service calls. Showed me how to do anything I was interested in doing myself. He also gave me a list of parts if I wanted to go buy them so I'd know he wasn't marking them up and so I'd have a warranty with the actual parts supplier.

He's the only person I call now.

James Crisp (405) 306-1025

Urban Pioneer
08-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Just a word of general advice, if you plan on living for long time on a property, specify that "schedule 40" pipe be used. Most irrigation installers use "Class 200" pipe.

This is particularly relevant if you live in an area that has ground shifting problems. Schedule 40 costs slightly more, but it is extraordinaily durable compared to Class 200.

Oklahoma is unfortunate in that there are no laws on how a system should be installed. By the same token, Texas has probably taken their requirements too far for something that isn't a Life Safety System.