View Full Version : 7 Eleven

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Jersey Boss
10-03-2022, 08:21 PM
My best friend, recently deceased, was a fuel delivery driver for Flying J/Pilot.

He told me one day the fuel rack guys noticed the Ethanol big-assed tank they used to blend the gas into E-10 was almost empty.

Gas was sent by pipeline from Ponca City to there, and the Fuel Rack would do the thing there to make E-10 or Pure gas, whatever. There is a "fuel rack" where the delivery trucks go to load up and go deliver and drop in in the tanks, there are several in the OKC area, they are very busy places. The one I'm speaking is, if I am not mistaken, is the Phillips 66/Conoco fuel rack on NE 10th, a little east of I-35.

Anyway, he went in to pick up another load, and they were almost out of Ethanol Blend fuel, which had NEVER happened before, the big tanks it's stored in (ethanol storage tank) was almost empty, and no leak was found. They investigated and found out that somehow the control that allowed Ethanol to flow, or not flow, was malfunctioning and was mixing in to the tanks at something like 75%, not 10% to give a 10% Ethanol gas.

All hell broke loose, he said, so many many truck loads of fuel went out, all over, at their contracted places, and there was a LOT of claims of contaminated and bad fuel being made.

It cost the Conoco/Phillips 66 guys a **** load of money. They had to not only pay out claims for engine damage (if you had a receipt and proved you bought fuel at xyz-station, you got everything taken care of. That was a LOT of money.

Additionally, any Station with that mis-mixed fuel has those tanks immediately shut down, and trucks had to come in and pump the bad fuel in and drive it to Ponca City for re-mixing of the gas. (turns out they can do that, he said, they just run the bad fuel in, refine it, fix it, and out it goes again).

And, additionally to that, each station that lost sales was reimbursed for the lost sale and $$$ they lost until the station was back in business selling clean fuel.

So, no it's not normally the Gas Stations fault you buy faulty fuel. Way too often it's the fault of the Delivery Driver, who has to make darn sure 100% sure that the fuel he has picked up at the fuel rack is what is in his trailer (most delivery tankers have multiple compartments, maybe 4 or 5 or 6 individual tanks, and may have diesel in 1, Premium Pure Gas in another, Premium E10 gas in another, and E10 Regular and Premium in another. My friend said it is an automatic termination offense if you drop the wrong fuel into the wrong tank at the gas station.

So yeah, if you buy what is marked as E10, and it's like E50 or E75 or whatever, your engine is sick, very sick, or dead quickly.

Thanks for the follow up. I appreciate you informing us what happened and providing an informative follow up. Shame on KFOR for not providing this.

rtz
10-05-2022, 03:13 AM
In the area of Memorial and Broadway Extension; the old station and the new station. Will they be keeping both or closing the old one? Seems odd to have two so close together.

MagzOK
10-05-2022, 06:44 AM
In the area of Memorial and Broadway Extension; the old station and the new station. Will they be keeping both or closing the old one? Seems odd to have two so close together.

I frequent the one that's already there and the employees have answered they will be keeping both of them. It is odd.

Pete
10-09-2022, 07:53 AM
Work has started on the 7-Eleven on the southwest corner of Reno & Meridian:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711100822a.jpg

Pete
10-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Plans have been filed for yet another 7-Eleven, this time on the SW corner of SW 44th & MacArthur.

It will be the typical setup with a Laredo Taco.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711101122a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711101122b.jpg

baralheia
10-11-2022, 11:33 AM
Between all the nearby warehouses and MMAC I bet this location will do very well.

Pete
12-05-2022, 06:40 AM
Reno & Meridian:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711120422a.jpg

Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711120422b.jpg

baralheia
12-05-2022, 09:07 AM
Foundation work is progressing and fuel canopy has been erected at I-240 & Walker.

SEMIweather
12-05-2022, 10:00 AM
NW 10th & MacArthur is just about ready to open.

Brett
12-05-2022, 10:12 AM
I noticed in MWC that the very old and tiny 7-Eleven that was on Air Depot just south of SE 15th St is now closed.

corwin1968
12-05-2022, 12:14 PM
NW 10th & MacArthur is just about ready to open.

NW 178th & May location looks very close to opening, as well. I thought it was open this morning because the parking lot and land around it are finally clear of construction stuff, but the pumps still have tape around them.

okiefied09
12-05-2022, 12:14 PM
I am assuming that the NW 10th and Council, and SW15th and Council sites are no longer in the plans. There was for sale signs at both locations.

Jeepnokc
12-05-2022, 06:50 PM
I noticed in MWC that the very old and tiny 7-Eleven that was on Air Depot just south of SE 15th St is now closed.
I used to live in the neighborhood just east and have been to that 7/11 all the time back in the day, Trying to remember if it had gas pumps? Thinking there were just one or two but not sure

scottk
12-06-2022, 06:41 AM
I used to live in the neighborhood just east and have been to that 7/11 all the time back in the day, Trying to remember if it had gas pumps? Thinking there were just one or two but not sure

It had 4 pumps total, two on each side, on the south end of the property, with no canopy and a tight fit, about the width of the alleyway between 7-11 and the loan store next store.

MagzOK
12-06-2022, 08:39 AM
The old school 7-11 at the NE corner of 2nd and Bryant in Edmond has paper covering the windows like there is some sort of renovation going on. Meanwhile, the new 7-11 at the convergence of Broadway Extension, Memorial, and Kelly is coming along and looks like it could open any day now.

scottk
12-06-2022, 09:39 AM
The old school 7-11 at the NE corner of 2nd and Bryant in Edmond has paper covering the windows like there is some sort of renovation going on. Meanwhile, the new 7-11 at the convergence of Broadway Extension, Memorial, and Kelly is coming along and looks like it could open any day now.

Ha. they also have a new store at 178th and May, it has looked like it could open any day now for the past three months. I am guessing they are waiting on some permit or inspection?

publicenemy1925
12-12-2022, 10:38 AM
7-11 on nw 36th and Penn. is no more. Closed today.

HangryHippo
12-12-2022, 10:42 AM
7-11 on nw 36th and Penn. is no more. Closed today.
But aren’t they putting a brand new one just north of I-44 on Penn where the burger place was?

Pete
12-12-2022, 10:47 AM
But aren’t they putting a brand new one just north of I-44 on Penn where the burger place was?

Yes, that is the plan.

That store on 36th was one of the really bad ones. Small and dirty and didn't even have gas pumps.

Ward
12-12-2022, 11:25 AM
I've been wondering how and why they kept the one at NW 122 & May going. Same story, small, dirty, outdated, no gas pumps, tiny and disgusting bathroom.

Pete
12-12-2022, 11:32 AM
There is an old, smaller 7-Eleven on Classen.

You would think they would be looking for a new site on that street.

dheinz44
12-12-2022, 12:33 PM
I wonder if they will end up closing the small store on 59th and May. Don't frequent that one as much as I used to but it was always pretty well managed back in the day.

Ward
12-12-2022, 07:27 PM
I wonder if they will end up closing the small store on 59th and May. Don't frequent that one as much as I used to but it was always pretty well managed back in the day.

When the new OnCue a few blocks away opens, I imagine the 7-11 will close.

Dob Hooligan
12-12-2022, 07:34 PM
When the new OnCue a few blocks away opens, I imagine the 7-11 will close.

The property was owned by the Brown family under the 7-11 name. I’m guessing corporate bought real estate when they bought out the Browns. That location draws from the neighborhood east of May Avenue, and I don’t think the OnCue is gonna take away from the convenience of that location. Easy in-easy out with no gasoline hassles.

rtz
12-27-2022, 12:13 AM
Why is the one on memorial and Broadway Extension stalled out?

Dob Hooligan
12-27-2022, 07:37 AM
Why is the one on memorial and Broadway Extension stalled out?

I’m guessing they are waiting on final inspection and permits from various City, County and/or State agencies.

Pete
12-27-2022, 07:55 AM
^

In addition, they have a ton of new stores ready to open, so there is likely a hiring, training and management backlog.

Laramie
12-27-2022, 10:08 AM
There is a nice new 7 Eleven at NW 10th & MacArthur on the NW corner. It appears to be finished; just waiting on them to open.

Pete
02-06-2023, 09:15 AM
Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711020523a.jpg

rtz
02-09-2023, 06:14 PM
The completed one on Memorial and Broadway Ext still isn't open.

Soonerinfiniti
02-20-2023, 02:16 PM
I believe I had heard that 7-Eleven was looking at the NE/C Penn and I-44. The land is now for sale: $2,500,000 or $41.32/SF....

Pete
02-20-2023, 02:19 PM
I believe I had heard that 7-Eleven was looking at the NE/C Penn and I-44. The land is now for sale: $2,500,000 or $41.32/SF....

They have filed plans to build there but have not closed on the purchase.

I wonder if they backed away?

MagzOK
02-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Someone is cleaning out the old 7-11 space at 2nd and Bryant in Edmond but there are no signs or anything indicating what's going on. Are they remodeling that location?

scottk
02-20-2023, 04:55 PM
Someone is cleaning out the old 7-11 space at 2nd and Bryant in Edmond but there are no signs or anything indicating what's going on. Are they remodeling that location?

You would think that if 7-11 was returning to that location, they would have left up the signage? It's a small lot, they only had 4 pumps, but it is one of Edmond's busiest corners with the two shopping centers, and hospital, plus many apartments due to UCO being near by. Other than during the construction of that intersection, you would think it did decent business.

Pete
02-20-2023, 05:28 PM
7 Eleven has been systematically closing those old, small locations since the corporate takeover.

lady_o
02-20-2023, 07:37 PM
I hope they close the one at NW Expressway and Independence

Pete
02-21-2023, 06:04 AM
I hope they close the one at NW Expressway and Independence

It's an eyesore, for sure.

But it's crazy busy due to the location.

Pete
02-21-2023, 11:21 AM
Another new 7 Eleven at NE 23rd & Kelley looks ready to open:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711022123a.jpg

floyd the barber
02-26-2023, 08:59 AM
There is a nice new 7 Eleven at NW 10th & MacArthur on the NW corner. It appears to be finished; just waiting on them to open.

Shocking to see the store is still not open.

Looks pretty nice though.

floyd the barber
03-18-2023, 06:30 PM
I went to the newly built location at 10th and MacArthur. Pumps were out of order and their newly installed gas price sign is already missing.

It seems to be on brand with 7-Eleven. Looks nice from the outside but upon deeper inspection, the stores are maintained poorly. Not to mention I would bet ten dollars the average prices are higher than OnCue and Casey's.

Very very good coffee though.

scottk
03-19-2023, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know what seems to be the hold up on all of these new 7 Eleven stores not opening? Is it an employee issue? Permits? Are they waiting until July 11 to open them all at 7:11 AM?

Pete
03-19-2023, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know what seems to be the hold up on all of these new 7 Eleven stores not opening? Is it an employee issue? Permits? Are they waiting until July 11 to open them all at 7:11 AM?

I'm sure it's hiring and training.

There is a serious shortage of people to do that type of work.

Urbanized
03-19-2023, 07:30 PM
^^^^^^^
Completely anecdotal, but I am receiving an inordinate number of employment applications (for service industry jobs) from 7 Eleven managers. I mean, maybe a half dozen in the past couple of weeks. Not sure if I’ve ever noticed that many in a short period before. Makes me wonder if some sort of churn is going on there.

Laramie
03-19-2023, 10:15 PM
I'm sure it's hiring and training.

There is a serious shortage of people to do that type of work.

Purchased gas at the new 7 Eleven on 10th & MacArthur (Saturday evening), overhead one of the employees saying the delay had to do with them having to train with the Laredo Taco employees.

Also noticed that construction has stalled on the downtown 7 Eleven at 1101 W Reno Avenue.

soonergolfer
03-19-2023, 11:23 PM
It's an eyesore, for sure.

But it's crazy busy due to the location.

Part of the reason it seems so busy is the fact they have like 12 parking spots and only 4 gas pumps. It is amazing how close the curb cut off of Independence. It’s pretty dangerous if your EB on NW Exp and turning north on independence, frequently cars trying to turn into 711 but can’t get into the parking lot.

floyd the barber
03-21-2023, 02:13 PM
Purchased gas at the new 7 Eleven on 10th & MacArthur (Saturday evening), overhead one of the employees saying the delay had to do with them having to train with the Laredo Taco employees.

Also noticed that construction has stalled on the downtown 7 Eleven at 1101 W Reno Avenue.

I never see anyone eat Laredo's. There are always three or four workers there but no customers. Do not see how it is profitable in such a competitive food market.

But they must know better than I. They are a multibillion dollar company and I am just some schmuck.

fortpatches
03-21-2023, 02:26 PM

I don't know about that. They just pouring a lot of the concrete like last week - I am not sure they are finished but probably ran into weather limitations if they aren't finished pouring. I wouldn't think you would claim it has stalled, even if they didn't work yesterday or today (I don't know if they did work yesterday or today, I took a different path to work this week so far.)

MagzOK
03-21-2023, 03:22 PM
I never see anyone eat Laredo's. There are always three or four workers there but no customers. Do not see how it is profitable in such a competitive food market.

I've not ever eaten Laredo's, but the 7-11 on Memorial east of Kelly Ave always has a bunch of people from construction workers to UPS drivers in line ordering that Laredo's when I run over there for my afternoon tea. There is a small counter area you can eat but I think most people get stuff from there on the go.

Pete
03-21-2023, 06:48 PM
I've not ever eaten Laredo's, but the 7-11 on Memorial east of Kelly Ave always has a bunch of people from construction workers to UPS drivers in line ordering that Laredo's when I run over there for my afternoon tea. There is a small counter area you can eat but I think most people get stuff from there on the go.

Yep.

It's like: "Who the heck eats all those roller dogs? They must be there for years." And then you see a crew of workers come in and order about a dozen and take them out to their trucks with a Big Gulp.

BoulderSooner
03-21-2023, 07:30 PM
Yep.

It's like: "Who the heck eats all those roller dogs? They must be there for years." And then you see a crew of workers come in and order about a dozen and take them out to their trucks with a Big Gulp.

yep very much this ...

go into an ONCUE at about 630-7 on a weekday morning and see everything that is purchased ..

Pete
04-17-2023, 08:24 AM
Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711041623a.jpg

Laramie
04-17-2023, 10:52 AM
Nice, hope they're open 24/7

baralheia
04-17-2023, 04:35 PM
Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711041623a.jpg

Man they are HAULING on that location. The new I-240 and Walker location is moving at a snail's pace by comparison.

Pete
04-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Man they are HAULING on that location. The new I-240 and Walker location is moving at a snail's pace by comparison.

They have so many under construction in the area, including a bunch that seem to be completely finished and they still aren't open.

They must be dealing with a serious staffing shortage.

fortpatches
04-18-2023, 09:52 AM
Yesterday, I heard an advertisement on the radio asking for people to apply to 7/11.

dheinz44
04-18-2023, 10:09 AM
Anybody know how their pay/benefits compares to Oncue?

Laramie
04-18-2023, 08:17 PM
IDK about how their benefits compare to Oncue, however when the Browns owned OKC area 7-Elevens they had a package where after 22-25 years of service, you could retire with $1 million or more in savings benefits.

IDK if those savings benefits were grandfathered in (After & Eleven Holdings CO Ltd acquired them) but I do remember workers who put a specific amount per pay day (2x a month) were retiring with a substantial about of money, that included money matched by the company.

scottk
04-20-2023, 07:18 PM
Anybody know how their pay/benefits compares to Oncue?

Just from interactions with customer service, OnCue seems to have happier employees, I don't know if that equates to higher pay. I know OnCue modeled a lot of their business after QuikTrip, and QT's are well known for rewarding an taking care of ALL of their employees from the store level to corporate. They understand its the employees on the front lines that make them money.

Chick-Fil-A is another that seems to have no trouble finding employees compared to other fast food chains, with the owners required to be heavily involved in day to day operations, this probably helps moral and employee retention. Also, knowing that you are going to be busy, but your store is always going to be staffed well.

BoulderSooner
04-20-2023, 07:40 PM
I know OnCue modeled a lot of their business after QuikTrip,

oncue started in 1966 QT in 1958

Brett
07-11-2023, 08:44 AM
Today is 7-11 day. I haven't heard of any Slurpee promotions.