View Full Version : 7 Eleven

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Jeepnokc
02-13-2022, 07:37 AM
^

Fortunately, you have a bunch of great alternatives and many more on the way.

Which is a good thing as the 7/11s seem to be getting worse. Stopped at the one at 10th and Western yesterday. I accepted the fact the the store would be filthy as was the parking lot but I had a meeting close by and wanted a protein shake. There are several homeless out front which is normal. Inside there were two homeless people actually lying and sitting on the floor and then a third started changing his shirt. The clerk apparently was friends with them as she kept having a conversation with them and the lady at the counter instead of checking people out . I stood there for almost 4 minutes as the line grew to 4-5 people and she had not checked out one person. i finally set down my shake and walked out, i think that was the final straw for me for 7/11 as a whole. I think their stores like this are going to be in a lot of trouble when the new On Cue opens three blocks away.

Achilleslastand
02-13-2022, 11:03 AM
The last few times i have been to the one at May and Wilshire the clerk has been sitting up on the counter with her face in her cell phone. She acts as if it's an inconvenience to get up and take my money. The Brown family never would have allowed such nonsense.

scottk
02-13-2022, 12:51 PM
The Brown family never would have allowed such nonsense.

The Brown family would also have never allowed QuikTrip in OKC. Silver linings.

UncleCyrus
02-19-2022, 06:24 PM
The Brown family would also have never allowed QuikTrip in OKC. Silver linings.

I’m pretty sure the Brown’s were not preventing it. It was the QuikTrip founder’s respect for Bill Brown and his early career advice that kept them out of this market.

baralheia
02-19-2022, 06:55 PM
I’m pretty sure the Brown’s were not preventing it. It was the QuikTrip founder’s respect for Bill Brown and his early career advice that kept them out of this market.

The long rumored, so-called "Gentleman's Agreement".

kukblue1
02-27-2022, 06:22 PM
The 7-11 at Reno and Rockwell had no tap and pays working. I left my credit card at home but was hoping to use tap and pay. They had now towels out to clean windows and only 2 stations had brushes with window cleaner even in them.

Pete
04-03-2022, 10:15 AM
The site at Reno and Western has now been cleared of that old service station.

Work on the new 7 Eleven should be starting soon.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711040322a.jpg

Pete
05-03-2022, 04:12 PM
Yet another new 7 Eleven is being planned, this time on the NW corner of Walker and I-240 on the site of Chase Bank.

floyd the barber
05-03-2022, 05:06 PM
I'm getting fed up with 7-11. In addition to the filthy stores/bathrooms, I'm tired of going in and finding the soda fountains are out of order, the front door won't open, ATM's out of order and went from free to $1.50, low inventory and choices, and price increases of up to 100%, and grumpy and surly employees who just don't seem to give a flip. There's probably more, but that's all I can recall right now.

This market is over saturated with 7-Eleven.

New ownership has made some terrible business decisions. Cutting employee benefits, lowering wages, increasing prices. Typical corporate BS. As a former employee I can say for certain it irritated a lot of the workers. When you employee a few thousand people and treat them garbage, well let's just say what goes around comes around. The only thing they have now is their incredibly strong brand image. And that will be the only thing that carries them because it sure isn't their wages or customer service.

Good thing we are flooded with QT Lite (OnCue), Casey's (Whose service is also slowly deteriorating), and now the real QT coming to town.

Pete
05-03-2022, 05:14 PM
Domino C-Stores is adopting a more aggressive expansion strategy as well.

E-Express is another.

I don't think I've used a 7-11 in several years as there are tons of convenient alternatives.

baralheia
05-03-2022, 05:58 PM
Yet another new 7 Eleven is being planned, this time on the NW corner of Walker and I-240 on the site of Chase Bank.

Interesting. I suppose that means they're replacing the legacy 7-Eleven across the street then? I don't patronize 7-Eleven much anymore but that old S Walker store is in pretty bad shape imo. Slightly surprised they didn't try to build over on Santa Fe instead, to take advantage of the Wal-Mart/Lowes traffic - and no demolition would have been necessary either.

Plutonic Panda
05-03-2022, 08:34 PM
I wish they’d redo the 7 Eleven at Danforth and Bryant in Edmond.

jn1780
05-03-2022, 10:11 PM
Its crazy how as I write this, there are 4 threads that are gas station related. The gas station wars are heating up.

Pete
05-04-2022, 10:37 AM
This will be the standard new corporate layout with Laredo Taco:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711050422a.png

kukblue1
05-09-2022, 09:28 AM
Speaking of 7-11 still trying to figure out why the one on I-40 and MacArthur has had gas now the last 3 days for $3.63 when everyone else is $3.89 including the 7-11 a mile down the road. Maybe they still have the winter blend. Either way i'm loving it. I'll get another gallon today if it's still cheap.

Bowser214
05-14-2022, 12:40 AM
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/coolest-gas-station-tx/amp/

shawnw
06-06-2022, 12:38 AM

Current status at Reno/Western

Pete
06-13-2022, 09:12 AM
Location at Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711061222a.jpg

Plutonic Panda
06-13-2022, 09:14 AM
That road(BLVD) looks amazing. Almost like a rendering.

scottk
06-14-2022, 07:00 PM
Bricks finally going up on the back side of the new 7-11 store at 178th and May.

The neighboring Starbucks started around the same time and looks like it could open any day and the Jack Be Grocery store looks to be moving dirt.

Pete
07-05-2022, 09:32 AM
They are planning a larger-sized store for SW 59th & I-44 with a few diesel pumps for trucks:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522e.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711070522f.jpg

PaddyShack
07-05-2022, 09:38 AM
This looks like their "Lab Store" concept in Dallas: 1805 Sylvan Ave, Dallas, TX 75208

Pete
07-05-2022, 10:01 AM
This looks like their "Lab Store" concept in Dallas: 1805 Sylvan Ave, Dallas, TX 75208

Very similar.

It's actually their 2.0 prototype they have been rolling out.

PaddyShack
07-05-2022, 10:16 AM
Has any of the OKC location started selling their coffee beans? I normally don't frequent the 7-Elevens around me, as they are all older generation stores and I am an OnCue loyalist. But I have friends from TX that always has their beans on hand.

corwin1968
07-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Has any of the OKC location started selling their coffee beans? I normally don't frequent the 7-Elevens around me, as they are all older generation stores and I am an OnCue loyalist. But I have friends from TX that always has their beans on hand.

Are their beans pretty good? I'm always on the lookout for decent, readily available beans.

Also, I'm surprised the 7-11 at NW 178th & May is so small. I was hoping it would have one of the 7-11 kitchens that serve tacos or burritos....I forget which.

PaddyShack
07-05-2022, 11:06 AM
Are their beans pretty good? I'm always on the lookout for decent, readily available beans.

Also, I'm surprised the 7-11 at NW 178th & May is so small. I was hoping it would have one of the 7-11 kitchens that serve tacos or burritos....I forget which.

The couple of times I had coffee from these friends I thought it was good. But I really haven't had 7-eleven coffee all that much to be able to judge how good the beans are.

Pete
07-05-2022, 11:11 AM

It will have a Laredo Taco.

The configuration is pretty much the same in all the new corporate locations they've built or planned for OKC.

shartel_ave
07-05-2022, 11:24 AM
7/11 off the expressway and MacArthur has a laredo's and it does not look good

Laramie
07-05-2022, 02:58 PM
Maybe this has already been reported: 7-Eleven at N.W. 10th & MacArthur Boulevard - northwest corner. This store looks to be 90% completed.

GaryOKC6
07-05-2022, 03:23 PM
I typically go to 7-11 on Classen. They seem to be going down hill. constantly out of things like cups and lids,. The place is a total mess.

Plutonic Panda
07-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Very similar.

It's actually their 2.0 prototype they have been rolling out.
Wasn’t that site where Loves proposed a location? Wonder why they backed out.

okatty
07-26-2022, 01:26 PM
I am not sure what is going on with 7-11’s but I have been to 3 different stores during the past week (a couple multiple times) and every one has had no iced tea, broken soda machines, very poor stocking of canned/bottled drinks. It became comical today when I went to two back to back. One had only sweet tea and broken soda machine. The other had no tea at all (but the soda machine seemed to work). I know it is not the end of the world…..but c’mon!:)

Pete
07-26-2022, 01:49 PM
They are expanding like crazy in OKC and it must be very, very hard to get employees.

Especially since OnCue and Casey's have been doing the exact same thing.

kukblue1
07-26-2022, 02:24 PM
7-11 still has Choco Taco Just saying :)

Zuplar
07-26-2022, 02:36 PM
I am not sure what is going on with 7-11’s but I have been to 3 different stores during the past week (a couple multiple times) and every one has had no iced tea, broken soda machines, very poor stocking of canned/bottled drinks. It became comical today when I went to two back to back. One had only sweet tea and broken soda machine. The other had no tea at all (but the soda machine seemed to work). I know it is not the end of the world…..but c’mon!:)

This has been my experience at every 7-11 since forever. Whenever Oncue came to town I never looked back.

okatty
07-26-2022, 06:57 PM
7-11 still has Choco Taco Just saying :)

You better go stock up. They’ve been discontinued. I’m so sorry.

Edmond Hausfrau
07-26-2022, 08:32 PM
You better go stock up. They’ve been discontinued. I’m so sorry.

Apparently Serena William's husband has made a credible offer to buy Choco Taco to keep it in production.

Plutonic Panda
07-26-2022, 09:07 PM
I wish they’d bring back the UFO ice cream sandwiches.

Jersey Boss
08-08-2022, 01:08 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kfor.com/news/local/metro-woman-says-bad-gasoline-left-her-with-1000-repair-bill/amp/

7-11 gas not much of a bargain.

Bill Robertson
08-08-2022, 01:27 PM
While this happened at a 7-Eleven it has to be the Star Distributing delivery drivers fault. And that driver delivers to many stations of different brands. He/she could have made the same mistake anywhere.

Jersey Boss
08-08-2022, 02:16 PM
While this happened at a 7-Eleven it has to be the Star Distributing delivery drivers fault. And that driver delivers to many stations of different brands. He/she could have made the same mistake anywhere.
That could be true. However 7-11 is not alleging that and their name is what's on the line.

Bill Robertson
08-08-2022, 02:26 PM
That could be true. However 7-11 is not alleging that and their name is what's on the line.
I realize that but maybe their taking the high road. The driver is responsible for what mixture of gas/ethanol goes in each tank. No one at the store has any control over that. I would imagine 7-11 will make it right with the lady and anyone else that comes forward then goes after Star.

Jersey Boss
08-08-2022, 03:40 PM
I realize that but maybe their taking the high road. The driver is responsible for what mixture of gas/ethanol goes in each tank. No one at the store has any control over that. I would imagine 7-11 will make it right with the lady and anyone else that comes forward then goes after Star.

We have differing opinions on what the "high road" is.
The customer was forced to go to a news outlet after 7-11 refused repeated attempts to acknowledge the concerns of the customer. Covering the fuel distributors ass is horrible customer relations and a bad look in a competive market.

Bill Robertson
08-08-2022, 03:41 PM
We have differing opinions on what the "high road" is.
The customer was forced to go to a news outlet after 7-11 refused repeated attempts to acknowledge the concerns of the customer. Covering the fuel distributors ass is horrible customer relations and a bad look in a competive market.
I did forget about them not doing anything until 4 got involved. I am of your opinion. I was just not considering everything.

Dob Hooligan
08-08-2022, 07:27 PM
I read the story to say the claimant had 50% alcohol in their fuel. I don’t think it is possible for a fuel truck to carry anything close to that mixture

MagzOK
08-08-2022, 08:14 PM
I read the story to say the claimant had 50% alcohol in their fuel. I don’t think it is possible for a fuel truck to carry anything close to that mixture.

I agree. After I read that, my opinion was that she put E85 in the tank.

Bill Robertson
08-09-2022, 04:09 AM
I read the story to say the claimant had 50% alcohol in their fuel. I don’t think it is possible for a fuel truck to carry anything close to that mixtureCould be he started putting E85 in an E10 or pure gas tank then caught his mistake, said a few unprintable words, then finished filling it with the right gas. Then didn't say anything which would make him a major jerk.
But, if no one else comes forward complaining of their car having similar problems then it could be on her. I didn't even think about that.

MagzOK
08-09-2022, 06:47 AM
Could be he started putting E85 in an E10 or pure gas tank then caught his mistake, said a few unprintable words, then finished filling it with the right gas. Then didn't say anything which would make him a major jerk.
But, if no one else comes forward complaining of their car having similar problems then it could be on her. I didn't even think about that.

Right. Our Mazda requires premium and if we put in the low stuff it doesn't run as well so I can only imagine how it would run, or not, if we mistakingly put in E85. I mean, it still runs on the lower grade fuel but you can certainly tell a difference.

Bill Robertson
08-09-2022, 06:55 AM
Right. Our Mazda requires premium and if we put in the low stuff it doesn't run as well so I can only imagine how it would run, or not, if we mistakingly put in E85. I mean, it still runs on the lower grade fuel but you can certainly tell a difference.
If you made the premium vs lower octane rating gas an just about any car forum you would have just started a multi page discussion. I've been a part of many.

MagzOK
08-09-2022, 07:18 AM
If you made the premium vs lower octane rating gas an just about any car forum you would have just started a multi page discussion. I've been a part of many.

LOL!! So true. It wouldn't be a discussion if people just followed their vehicle manual's instructions. :)

Jersey Boss
08-09-2022, 07:55 AM
Could be he started putting E85 in an E10 or pure gas tank then caught his mistake, said a few unprintable words, then finished filling it with the right gas. Then didn't say anything which would make him a major jerk.

Good points and I agree with your take.

Jersey Boss
08-09-2022, 07:58 AM
LOL!! So true. It wouldn't be a discussion if people just followed their vehicle manual's instructions. :)

Exactly this and why I only use fuel from Top Tier sources. Honda states this in the owners manual.

Dob Hooligan
08-09-2022, 09:39 AM
I think these type claims are easier to investigate nowadays.

1. Save and analyze the fuel from the car

2. Verify what was dispensed at 7-11 via
A. Credit card receipt showing time, pump, volume and type of fuel purchased. And/or
B. Time stamp video showing pump used.
C. Pump report matching time and pump to type fuel dispensed. And/or
D. Analysis of type dispensed vs tank contents.

3. Verification of any other complaints.

Bill Robertson
08-09-2022, 09:55 AM

A. Credit card receipt showing time, pump, volume and type of fuel purchased. And/or

Yes. Mostly pretty easy. And should be enough to determine what happened.
2B at this point would depend on the memory capacity of the video recorder. I bet 7-11s don't store much more than a few days. Over two weeks is doubtful.
And 2D has sailed. I'm sure they've had at least one delivery since then.

What's making me wonder at this point is no one else apparently having an issue. At least not that the local news outlets have reported on.

Pete
09-14-2022, 10:35 AM
I confirmed that the vacant lot on the NE corner of I-44 & Penn (once home to Lip Smackers) is under contract to 7-Eleven.

Jersey Boss
09-14-2022, 07:05 PM

Was there ever any follow up on this story?

Pete
10-02-2022, 06:15 AM
Reno & Western:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711093022a.jpg

Pete
10-02-2022, 06:43 AM
This is the 7-Eleven coming to I-44 & Penn:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/711092622a.jpg

Ward
10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Was there ever any follow up on this story?

My best friend, recently deceased, was a fuel delivery driver for Flying J/Pilot.

He told me one day the fuel rack guys noticed the Ethanol big-assed tank they used to blend the gas into E-10 was almost empty.

Gas was sent by pipeline from Ponca City to there, and the Fuel Rack would do the thing there to make E-10 or Pure gas, whatever. There is a "fuel rack" where the delivery trucks go to load up and go deliver and drop in in the tanks, there are several in the OKC area, they are very busy places. The one I'm speaking is, if I am not mistaken, is the Phillips 66/Conoco fuel rack on NE 10th, a little east of I-35.

Anyway, he went in to pick up another load, and they were almost out of Ethanol Blend fuel, which had NEVER happened before, the big tanks it's stored in (ethanol storage tank) was almost empty, and no leak was found. They investigated and found out that somehow the control that allowed Ethanol to flow, or not flow, was malfunctioning and was mixing in to the tanks at something like 75%, not 10% to give a 10% Ethanol gas.

All hell broke loose, he said, so many many truck loads of fuel went out, all over, at their contracted places, and there was a LOT of claims of contaminated and bad fuel being made.

It cost the Conoco/Phillips 66 guys a **** load of money. They had to not only pay out claims for engine damage (if you had a receipt and proved you bought fuel at xyz-station, you got everything taken care of. That was a LOT of money.

Additionally, any Station with that mis-mixed fuel has those tanks immediately shut down, and trucks had to come in and pump the bad fuel in and drive it to Ponca City for re-mixing of the gas. (turns out they can do that, he said, they just run the bad fuel in, refine it, fix it, and out it goes again).

And, additionally to that, each station that lost sales was reimbursed for the lost sale and $$$ they lost until the station was back in business selling clean fuel.

So, no it's not normally the Gas Stations fault you buy faulty fuel. Way too often it's the fault of the Delivery Driver, who has to make darn sure 100% sure that the fuel he has picked up at the fuel rack is what is in his trailer (most delivery tankers have multiple compartments, maybe 4 or 5 or 6 individual tanks, and may have diesel in 1, Premium Pure Gas in another, Premium E10 gas in another, and E10 Regular and Premium in another. My friend said it is an automatic termination offense if you drop the wrong fuel into the wrong tank at the gas station.

So yeah, if you buy what is marked as E10, and it's like E50 or E75 or whatever, your engine is sick, very sick, or dead quickly.

gjl
10-02-2022, 11:44 AM
You can pick up an ethanol test kit on Amazon for under $15 and test the percent of alcohol in the fuel real easy. You just mix the fuel with a certain amount of water marked on the tube, shake it up and read the ethanol content.