View Full Version : Lawton Potential Job Losses

ljbab728
02-07-2015, 11:20 PM
These figures aren't official but, if true, this would be devastating for Lawton and damaging for the state in general.

Job losses at Fort Sill could cut Lawton deep | News OK (http://newsok.com/job-losses-at-fort-sill-could-cut-lawton-deep/article/5391576)

Fort Sill is one of about 30 Army installations across the country that are bracing for a round of steep personnel reductions that are part of the federal Budget Control Act of 2011, which calls for a series of military spending cuts over the next decade that are part of sequestration.

As part of the cuts, the Army has projected that Fort Sill could lose as many as 6,800 military personnel and another 800 civilian jobs.

Plutonic Panda
02-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Man that sucks. That really sucks. But you know what, I'm leaving this state in April and not looking back. OKC is about the only place in Oklahoma I see potential. There are other cities that could become badass. Tulsa, Lawton, Elk City, McAlester, Broken Bow, but those places are either anti growth or have a f#cked up government. Oil and government is the name of the game here. If it wasn't for the Feds, Oklahoma would be nothing short of a 3rd world society. Such a shame to hear about these things.

ljbab728
02-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Man that sucks. That really sucks. But you know what, I'm leaving this state in April and not looking back. OKC is about the only place in Oklahoma I see potential. There are other cities that could become badass. Tulsa, Lawton, Elk City, McAlester, Broken Bow, but those places are either anti growth or have a f#cked up government. Oil and government is the name of the game here. If it wasn't for the Feds, Oklahoma would be nothing short of a 3rd world society. Such a shame to hear about these things.

Plupan, if you're leaving and not looking back, the only thing I have to say is goodbye and I hope you find greener pastures where you're going.

Plutonic Panda
02-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Plupan, if you're leaving and not looking back, the only thing I have to say is goodbye and I hope you find greener pastures where you're going.
I hope so to. That's the plan at least. :p

PS, I'll come back here to visit for family, but what I meant by not looking back is giving a crap about this place anymore because the state is holding back the city and there are just so many other options that don't have to deal with this garbage. If I make it in LA, I'm not sure I'll ever want to move back here.

ljbab728
02-08-2015, 12:19 AM
I hope so to. That's the plan at least. :p

PS, I'll come back here to visit for family, but what I meant by not looking back is giving a crap about this place anymore because the state is holding back the city and there are just so many other options that don't have to deal with this garbage. If I make it in LA, I'm not sure I'll ever want to move back here.
Well good luck anyway, but as someone who has had relatives in LA for 60 years, some of whom moved back here when they got older, I can tell you that every place has it's plusses and minuses. I have been visiting LA for that long and have a brother who has lived there for at least 30 years. I love going there but have never found a reason that would entice me to live there. Everyone is different though, so I hope you find what you're looking for.

Plutonic Panda
02-08-2015, 01:29 AM
OKC will always be home. I will defend this place to the end make no mistake. It is the state I have a problem with, but that is not why I'm leaving.