View Full Version : Tulsa Development Summary

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

UrbanistPoke
05-21-2023, 08:37 PM
That is not going to happen. The Greenwood community will have to take part in any development.

Depends on how the city sets everything up in the future. Partner Tulsa and others want to see that site utilized as an expansion for BMX and a soccer stadium still. The only reason it wasn't is because the community committee had final say. Just happens that one of the main guy's at Partner Tulsa's girlfriend worked for the architecture firm on the stadium team at that time and they would have gotten a pretty nice kickback $$ if he had managed to get their team to win. He was able to get 1 of the 2 other final teams disqualified after trying to do that to both. There's a lot of shady stuff going on within Partner Tulsa. Current and former business partners of his also get some pretty nice deals (Sinclair building & Ross Group for example) with no restrictions on TIF money, while others like Price get less money on projects and affordable requirements slapped on them (Oil Capital Building for example - both with a block of each other yet treated completely different).

If this development fails and doesn't happen it has nothing to do with the developer or team working on the project. Partner Tulsa even recently tried to sabotage the project by releasing that story in the Tulsa World (who retracted a large portion of that story too) saying that capital partners pulled out of the project when that did not happen. One of the team member was kicked off because they were working on side deals with Partner Tulsa that were in direct conflict with what is trying to be done on the site now. Every capital partner that was on the project at the beginning is still on the project except one individual who was essentially a consultant and was not putting in any personal money.

Plutonic Panda
05-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Google maps has updated some of their imagery for the Tulsa area

Plutonic Panda
06-11-2023, 12:43 AM
Redevelopment project in north Tulsa moving forward: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/city-to-restart-discussions-wednesday-on-plans-for-evans-fintube-redevelopment/article_58c7e66c-06e1-11ee-ba08-db8f40ff563d.html

G.Walker
06-11-2023, 07:00 AM
Redevelopment project in north Tulsa moving forward: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/city-to-restart-discussions-wednesday-on-plans-for-evans-fintube-redevelopment/article_58c7e66c-06e1-11ee-ba08-db8f40ff563d.html

No its not, did you even read the article? Article states they have stopped negotiations with the original developer. So they are now back to the drawing board. So if anything, its stalled.

smitteebc
06-11-2023, 10:52 AM
Downtown Tulsa was hopping last night. We had tickets to a sold out Lion King at the PAC, the Tulsa Tough races were going on, an outdoor concert after party for the races, Greenwood appeared to have an event going, Drillers were playing, and the indoor football Tulsa Oilers had a game. We ate at Red Light Chicken in the Blue Dome District and there was so much foot traffic. It was just incredible to experience and compare to even just 10 years ago.

goldenHurricane22
06-12-2023, 08:31 AM
As someone who was born in Tulsa in the 90's and then ended up in OKC in '19 after many years on the East Coast, it makes me happy to see how both cities have taken great strides in becoming more vibrant cities. Almost night and day compared to what I remember as a kid for either place.

Now, if only we could fulfill my wildest, most unrealistic dream of a Maglev bullet train in between the two so that I could hop in between cities like it was nothing! Don't see it happening, but does make me hope someday to see some more connectivity between the two downtowns, even if it's akin the the current OKC-Dallas train route.

Plutonic Panda
06-12-2023, 09:07 AM
No its not, did you even read the article? Article states they have stopped negotiations with the original developer. So they are now back to the drawing board. So if anything, its stalled.
Ah, thanks for the insight. I did skim through the article but I’m not too familiar with Tulsa so I wasn’t even aware this was proposed to begin with.

Plutonic Panda
06-13-2023, 10:44 AM
Fantasy metro system someone drew up for potential Tulsa lines. Would be cool if they could put together a real plan to have a combination commuter rail, elevated LRT, and subterranean HRT when demand warrants: Tulsa Light Rail Proposal https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1JnHARVkbKdk375ujZWHBJfGIx35dR7w&usp=sharing

BG918
06-13-2023, 12:03 PM
Fantasy metro system someone drew up for potential Tulsa lines. Would be cool if they could put together a real plan to have a combination commuter rail, elevated LRT, and subterranean HRT when demand warrants: Tulsa Light Rail Proposal https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1JnHARVkbKdk375ujZWHBJfGIx35dR7w&usp=sharing

The only realistic part of this is the Tulsa-BA line which already exists and has been discussed as an LRT corridor for decades. Surprised they showed a line down Riverside to connect downtown Tulsa to Jenks when there is an existing rail line that runs along the west bank of the river that goes right into downtown Jenks.

shavethewhales
06-22-2023, 09:43 AM
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/320-unit-multifamily-development-gets-ok-from-partnertulsa-work-starts-next-month-in-arts-district/article_0449b644-0f7c-11ee-857d-fb3537ea7b84.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

The Western Supply development from the George Kaiser foundation is moving forward and construction is actually just about to start! 320 affordable units for downtown will make a difference. As I pointed out earlier, there's another big development just to the south of this with a parking garage, 80-some apartment units, and an Arrive Hotel. There's also at least two major apartment conversions under construction in the heart of downtown. Overall we'll see over 500 units added to downtown by early next year. There's a couple other projects that might be kicked off or announced as well.

BG918
06-22-2023, 11:42 AM
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/320-unit-multifamily-development-gets-ok-from-partnertulsa-work-starts-next-month-in-arts-district/article_0449b644-0f7c-11ee-857d-fb3537ea7b84.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

The Western Supply development from the George Kaiser foundation is moving forward and construction is actually just about to start! 320 affordable units for downtown will make a difference. As I pointed out earlier, there's another big development just to the south of this with a parking garage, 80-some apartment units, and an Arrive Hotel. There's also at least two major apartment conversions under construction in the heart of downtown. Overall we'll see over 500 units added to downtown by early next year. There's a couple other projects that might be kicked off or announced as well.

If only the Annex apartment highrise and grocery store can get kicked off too - that is the biggest hole to fill downtown. The other projects currently under construction are Santa Fe Crossing (168 units), Arco Lofts (80 units) and Sinclair Lofts (60 units). So that would be an additional 580 units on top of the 308 units delivering in 2024. There are also 88 units planned near Western Supply at Pivot's mixed-use development. 250 units delivered in 2022 (The View and 111 Greenwood) with overall downtown apartment occupancy above 90%. With the current round of DDRF and housing incentives from the city I would expect to see additional mixed-use/multifamily projects announced this year.

Here is a rendering of Western Supply
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/c9/8c97d8e4-0fc4-11ee-925e-d732bf993495/64923a4b2a76b.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C777

PhiAlpha
06-22-2023, 12:34 PM
This is great! Should insert some life into what’s been a pretty dead area in the Brady. Would love to see something happen with the warehouse across the street.

Mississippi Blues
06-22-2023, 02:43 PM
Those are spectacular. They remind me a lot of the modern brick flats in places like the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, etc, places across northwest Europe. The large windows on red (brown?) brick, the slight angles of the structure with protruding window frames, it really is a fantastic design.

BG918
06-22-2023, 03:07 PM
This is the Pivot Project development across the street from Western Supply- 88 apartments, public parking garage and 90 room Arrive Hotel. This supposed to start construction later this year

https://archinect.imgix.net/uploads/03/0301f394d0b4697af85c6f7bc95b8a3a.jpg?auto=compress %2Cformat&w=1028