View Full Version : Weird OKC Talk Behavior

bombermwc
11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Anyone else noticed some weird things happening lately?
Pages won't present right from the web server, so i'll see random garbage letters. Not HTML code, just garbage. Refresh, and it all comes up normally.
Some posts appear in bold face now, that were not posted that way (ie my own)
When commenting from some threads, the reply appears in a faux not quite full, italics, but the italicize tag is not included.

Doesn't appear to be my browser or my PC because I've tested it from IE/Chrome/Firefox from 3 different PCs, each running all three browsers.

Jeepnokc
11-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Pages won't present right from the web server, so i'll see random garbage letters. Not HTML code, just garbage. Refresh, and it all comes up normally.
When commenting from some threads, the reply appears in a faux not quite full, italics, but the italicize tag is not included.

Doesn't appear to be my browser or my PC because I've tested it from IE/Chrome/Firefox from 3 different PCs, each running all three browsers.

Not anymore than usual but then again, I thought this thread was about posters. LOL

RadicalModerate
11-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Not anymore than usual but then again, I thought this thread was about posters. LOL

Frankly, when I read the title, I thought it might make specific reference to moi . . .

Mel
11-19-2014, 12:34 PM
I was feeling guilty opening this thread. Yay! It's tech question that I know nothing about.

hoya
11-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah I was going through a list of names in my head. :)

Spartan
11-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Frankly, when I read the title, I thought it might make specific reference to moi . . .

I had the exact same thought! lol

Plutonic Panda
11-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Yeah I was going through a list of names in my head. :)I'll thank you on advance for not including me on that list;)

ljbab728
11-19-2014, 09:39 PM
I'll thank you on advance for not including me on that list;)
You weren't on the list in his head, plupan. You were on another list. :wink:

But back to the original question, I have had absolutely no problems like that.

RadicalModerate
11-20-2014, 05:39 AM
What's weird is that I haven't experienced any of the problems noted by the OP.

However, for a while, a while back, I would experience what I refer to as "screen freeze" from time to time on this site and this site only. I even asked Martin about it and what I was describing was so weird that he had no answers or suggestions. Turns out that all I had to do was change the magnification of the screen with the touch pad on this laptop and the screen unstuck itself.

Jeepnokc
11-20-2014, 10:06 AM
It seems that most of the time the back arrow button doesn't work and I resort to just hitting the Latest Posts tabs.

RadicalModerate
11-20-2014, 01:54 PM
That "Bump Off/Auto Save" deal is amusingly challenging sometimes.
It refreshes one's memory about the concept of Copy/Paste especially if it is somewhat "windy" in "the cloud" . . . =)

tfvc.org
11-20-2014, 08:54 PM

All boxes connected to the same router? Have a central hardware firewall? If yes to one of those questions then it could possibly be that common firewall and if you see it again possibly a reboot of the router/firewall may be in order. You may also check to see if there is a software/firmware update for the router or firewall and see if that might correct the issue. If not, then maybe it was a glitch within your ISP and try from work/home/friends house that uses a different ISP from you/work.

bombermwc
12-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Its seems to have cleared up, although some of the ads today seem to try to "save" rather than load. It looks like its all related to the hosting service for the forum.

I'm an IT professional (networking), so I don't want to make it sound like I'm discounting ideas, but the obvious things have already been examined. To speak to that eatokc, it was doing this from my home and my office, which had at that time, different OS' (still rocked Vista at home until recently), different browsers (IE at the office, and Firefox at home), and different ISPs.

AP
12-03-2014, 07:48 AM
The only issue that I ever notice is that in some threads bombermwc's avatar shows up and some threads it doesn't. It always confuses me.

RadicalModerate
12-03-2014, 12:06 PM
My "Free" Avast "WebShield" has noted a couple of Malware Violations on this site . . .
And I'm concerned . . . (at least enough to expend the effort to bitchabit)
Yet not so concerned as to Escalate the mini-bitch as a False Warning.
[Spec.Ref.: False Alarms . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . }