View Full Version : Khazana Indian Buffet

RealJimbo
11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
One of my regular eating places appears to have closed permanently. Khazana Indian Buffet was one of my favorites, with great food, excellent service and an inviting atmosphere. Does anyone know what happened?

mobstam
11-14-2014, 11:36 AM
I heard the owner was looking to buy a restaurant space of his own and re-open there.

I spoke to him this past summer and he mentioned how his landlord repeatedly screwed him over and, in general, took very poor care of the building.

TheTravellers
11-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Realjimbo - Not sure if you've tried Sheesh Mahal, but a friend of mine went to Khazana and found it was closed, so went there since it's just down the street a few blocks and liked it quite a bit as an acceptable substitute.

soonermike81
11-14-2014, 12:16 PM
This used to be my favorite Indian buffet in the city, but it recently changed ownership about a year ago or so. Since then, quality/freshness has not been as good

Martin
11-14-2014, 12:43 PM
haven't been in a few years but really liked that place... hope they find somewhere to re-open. -M

NWOKCGuy
11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
I love Sheesh!

tfvc.org
11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
This used to be my favorite Indian buffet in the city, but it recently changed ownership about a year ago or so. Since then, quality/freshness has not been as good

Sadly I had the same experience. Now I go to Himalayas or Misal.

Jeepnokc
11-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Taj on NW 23rd is pretty good. Have only eaten there at lunch. Not sure if they do buffet at dinner.

tfvc.org
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Taj on NW 23rd is pretty good. Have only eaten there at lunch. Not sure if they do buffet at dinner.

They do. It is a nice buffet. If I remember correctly the food there is different because all the other Indian is Northern and theirs is Southern or visa versa.

RadicalModerate
11-15-2014, 08:07 AM
First Sean Cummings Irish Pub and now Khazana . . . Damn. What's the world coming to?
(not the pub or this indian place, that's for sure)
I'm certainly not an expert on Indian Cuisine, but I always really liked Khazana. Even after it changed ownership.