View Full Version : The Sandwich Club

NWOKCGuy
11-14-2014, 10:41 AM
New sandwich shop opening in the old Sabi space on 36th and Western between Guestroom and Cock o the Walk. Coming Soon sign in window.

NWOKCGuy
11-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Found this. https://twitter.com/SandwichClubOKC Looks like they're opening early next year.

Pete
11-21-2014, 01:48 PM
I asked them more about their concept on Twitter and this was the response:

Offering premium meats and cheeses, paired with local breads and produce. Creating an alternative to the classic sub. Thx 4 asking!

Sounds interesting.

Roger S
04-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Noticed they showed up on Urbanspoon recently but haven't seen anything posted on their FB page about them being open yet. Anyone driven by recently and noticed if they are open yet?

Edit: Nevermind... They posted 19 hours ago that they are getting close... I last looked about 30 hours ago.

John Knight
04-23-2015, 08:26 AM
This was taken yesterday:

OKCretro
04-24-2015, 09:11 AM
really hope they can keep the smoke from the cock o the walk out of the place.

when will okc ban smoking in bars? even new Orleans has banned it

Pete
05-01-2015, 07:54 AM
They now have their menu posted:

The Sandwich Club - your lunch place in Oklahoma City (http://www.thesandwichclubokc.com/#!menu/cee5)

JRod1980
05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
An 80's themed sandwich shop? Sounds like they should be next to an 80's themed bar...:1217:

Pete
06-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Opening June 15th per their Twitter account.

NWOKCGuy
06-01-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty excited for this one but seems like it's taken forever for them to open. I saw their coming soon leaving COTW back in November. The menu looks really good though. They using Prairie Thunder?

John Knight
06-15-2015, 09:16 AM
They're open!

OKCretro
06-15-2015, 09:52 AM
has anyone been to it yet? Does the smoke from the COTW seep through walls to the place?

I went to the drumroom once and you could smell the smoke from the Sip and go throughout the restaurant

NWOKCGuy
06-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Haven't seen it mentioned on Twitter. Maybe the salon next door blocks the smoke?

Dr Beard Face
06-16-2015, 01:30 PM
I just went there for lunch. It was good, I had the Snake Plissken. Don't expect anything groundbreaking; it seems like everything could be made at home. A very simple menu, but very filling and quite tasty. 12 oz soda, chips and sandwhich all ran a

OkiePoke
06-18-2015, 08:09 AM
I went for lunch the other day. They had just opened. They are working on getting a fountain machine, I believe.

I had the Turkey sandwich (turkey, bacon, pj cheese, jalepeno, lettuce, mayo, red peppers). It was pretty good. The bread was probably my favorite part though, I'm not sure where they get it.

They need to get some more seating as there were only a handful of tables. Probably could only seat 12 or so people. It was a little over $9 for just the sandwich. Chips were extra, and a drink was extra.

The only negative I saw was the pricing. I thought it was a little high for what I got.

I might go back in a month or two after they get in to a routine and make the adjustments they need to make. But, I won't be going if it is going to cost me more than $9 for a sandwich.

Edit: Regarding the possibility of smoke, I didn't smell anything from COTW.

John Knight
06-21-2015, 10:02 AM
My wife and I went here yesterday for lunch. I ordered the Omega Mu (roast beef, bacon, horseradish sauce, and sriracha). The sandwiches were delicious and the staff was very nice and welcoming.

Got to talk to the owner a little bit. He was very encouraged with my positive feedback. And to clarify they buy their bread from Big Sky Bread Company.

Looking forward to going back!

10967 10968 10969 10970

Pete
06-21-2015, 11:07 AM
^

That sandwich sounds really good.

Glad to hear the positive review.

okatty
06-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Tried today at about 150 but they had run out of bread and were closed. Hey, great business so far I guess. Will try again soon.:)

NWOKCGuy
06-25-2015, 05:41 PM
The Gazette and Oklahoman both covered them in the past 2 days so I'd bet they weren't prepared for the onslaught that I'm sure followed.

Martin
06-25-2015, 06:18 PM
went last week and thought the place was really good... glad to hear they're getting lots of business! -M

Pete
01-27-2020, 02:00 PM
They are closing on Friday.

TheTravellers
01-27-2020, 02:42 PM
They are closing on Friday.

Am shocked they lasted this long, we make sandwiches at home with better ingredients than they use, and at a fraction of the cost (we could probably make 4-5 sandwiches for what one of theirs costs). Went there once just to see what the hoopla was about and we were very unimpressed, but we like to order things at restaurants that we can't make at home, so this just didn't fit the bill.

soonermike81
01-28-2020, 08:48 AM
Am shocked they lasted this long, we make sandwiches at home with better ingredients than they use, and at a fraction of the cost (we could probably make 4-5 sandwiches for what one of theirs costs). Went there once just to see what the hoopla was about and we were very unimpressed, but we like to order things at restaurants that we can't make at home, so this just didn't fit the bill.

Yeah, I never stepped foot in there because I was shocked at the model. When I go out to eat, it’s usually for things that we can’t easily make at home. Their product is probably the easiest meal that can be made at home. My wife went once and said it was good, but not good enough to go back.

OKCretro
01-28-2020, 08:52 AM
went once,
sandwich was covered on both sides with extra extra spicy mustard.
It was like i ordered a spicy mustard sandwich and the rest (ham, cheese, etc) was just for show.

soonerguru
01-28-2020, 11:53 PM
I went there once and was underwhelmed. I do know people who thought it was good.

dankrutka
01-30-2020, 10:26 AM
*local business closes*

OKCTalk: Now that they’re closed I want to really kick them while they’re down. I mean, really trash them....

TheTravellers
01-30-2020, 10:35 AM
*local business closes*

OKCTalk: Now that they’re closed I want to really kick them while they’re down. I mean, really trash them....

Buttermilk deserved it, we went there two days before closing (without knowing they were closing) and they were horrible, wife even said these exact words when we left - "They can't stay in business serving this slop". Other recent reviews bore out that they were not very good anymore.

Maples wasn't trashed, AFAIK.

Sandwich Club wasn't really trashed, I think most posts were just perplexed that such a business existed and apparently thrived for 5 years. But I guess it's like DryBar, who would've thought that kind of business would thrive, yet there they are.

So exactly what local businesses do you think were "really trashed" after they announced closing?