View Full Version : Tails From the Front Lines -- available tomorrow!

Jim Kyle
11-09-2014, 11:20 PM
I've got to tell you about a new book that's worth buying even if you never read it. Have to admit, up front, that it was conceived and edited by my youngest son's wife, Rebecca McFarland Kyle, but that's not the only reason I'm enthusiastic.

Tails From the Front Lines, published by Wolfsinger, presents an even dozen stories about the bond between warriors and their canine friends. Pull up a chair and share as they tell their tales. A portion of proceeds from sales of this book will be donated to TADSAW. That's the primary reason Becky came up with the idea and collected the stories from other Wolfsinger authors.

TADSAW (Train A Dog, Save A Warrior) was incorporated in 2012. The Mission of TADSAW is to provide for the training of a Medical Alert Service dog, as designated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines, for any wounded warrior, active duty or veteran, surviving with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Military Sexual Trauma, (MST), and/or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), in order to restore and improve the warrior’s quality of life with a canine “Battle Buddy,” at no charge to the warrior.

TADSAW unites wounded warriors, suffering with PTSD, with homeless, rescue shelter dogs, who are evaluated and deemed viable, to nurture a healing and rejuvenating bond between the two. The result is a positive, non judgmental, unconditional relationship desperately needed by both.

The stories come from everywhere: from a debut author who’s served in Special Services working with canines, to an award-winning author of 125 books, to the son of a World War II veteran whose father brought his war dog home to live out their retirement together. Each of these authors sends their hopes that their words can help bring a warrior a four-footed friend to walk alongside them and help carry their burdens.

The book will be available starting on Veterans Day, 11/11/2014, in most all e-book formats or regular print form at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble (the print versions may be slightly delayed). E-book versions may be found on those booksellers' web sites, or purchased on-line and downloaded to your reader immediately from Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/479850).

Wolfsinger is primarily a publisher of fantasy and science fiction, so many of the stories fall into that genre. However even if you consider such writing to be trash, it's still worthwhile to help support TADSAW.

kelroy55
11-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll get it for my Kindle.