View Full Version : Article - Texas High-Speed Rail Routes Revealed

jerrywall
10-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Texas High-Speed Rail Routes Revealed (http://www.futurestructure.com/Texas-High-Speed-Rail-Routes-Revealed.html)

Interesting reading this, and it makes me wish that Oklahoma could get a high speed route connecting in, running from say Tulsa to Dallas by way of OKC. The thought of a 3 hr train ride from OKC to Houston or Austin is enticing.

Plutonic Panda
10-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Government officials estimate that the drive from Dallas to Houston, which now takes about four hours, could take six hours by 2035. They estimate the average speed on I-45 between the two cities will drop from 60 mph to 40 mph over that time.

The average speed is much higher than that.

jerrywall
10-23-2014, 01:49 PM
You've evidently not driven on I-45 when it's packed. I hate that drive.

FighttheGoodFight
10-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I would love to see the fare amounts. If it is reasonable this could be a huge boost for Texas. The drives there are rough to say the least. I always DART'd around in Dallas.

Plutonic Panda
10-23-2014, 02:33 PM
You've evidently not driven on I-45 when it's packed. I hate that drive.
I have. I've also driven extremely fast(not going to say because I don't want to be bitched at) and was passed by many others going even faster than I was.

I also believe once they are done widening I-35 from Fort Worth to Austin, I-45 is going to be widened to six lanes as it should be.

Either way, this is a great thing and hopefully it will tie into OKC.

poe
10-23-2014, 05:03 PM
I rode the Eurostar from London to Paris and back a few weeks ago. It was a 186 mph, two-hour ride through the countryside of England and France; it was great.