View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac in OKC

ljbab728
10-09-2014, 10:48 PM
They are returning to OKC next March including Christine McVie, who's been gone from them for 16 years.

Video: Fleetwood Mac to play March 12 at Oklahoma City's Chesapeake Energy Arena | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/video-fleetwood-mac-to-play-march-12-at-oklahoma-citys-chesapeake-energy-arena/article/5350095)

kelroy55
10-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Would be fun to see them again. I'm surprised they aren't playing in DFW.

mark
10-10-2014, 07:34 AM
dfw on first leg of tour in december

kelroy55
10-10-2014, 07:39 AM
dfw on first leg of tour in december

duh .... thanks, I was looking around the same time frame as OKC

Mel
10-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I had heard Christine rejoined them. It would be a fun concert.

JohnH_in_OKC
10-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Sadly, Christine was off key in part of her Today show appearance on Thursday.

It looks like the London Daily Mail reviewer doesn't agree with me: Return of the (Fleetwood) Mac! Christine McVie gives a Perfect performance as band's classic line-up plays together for first time in 16 years on Today show (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2787515/Fleetwood-Mac-s-Christine-McVie-gives-Perfect-performance-band-s-classic-line-plays-time-16-years-Today-show.html)

RadicalModerate
10-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Fleetwood Mac . . . in particular Stevie Nicks with all her witchwomaness . . .
was one of my ex-wife's (c. 1987) favorite bands.

I only like the part on one of those albums with the marching band from that college in california.
(I thought it was sort of cool how they combined "rock and roll" with Half-Time Shows)

Now . . . It's [that is, Fleetwood Mac Redux] simply geezers on parade . . .
(sort of like "Saxondale" . . . with a twist)

=) <----(sorry . . . almost forgot the emoticon)

rezman
10-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Most folks don't know that Fleetwood Mac was a blues band back in the 60's, long before becoming a mainstream pop band. Back then, Christine Perfect was a keyboardist and vocalist with the band Chicken Shack, before marrying John McVie and later joining Fleetwood Mac. She also did solo work.

I enjoy listening to that early stuff. It has a whole different flavor.... There's a lot of history there that can't be covered here.

TheTravellers
10-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Most folks don't know that Fleetwood Mac was a blues band back in the 60's, long before becoming a mainstream pop band. Back then, Christine Perfect was a keyboardist and vocalist with the band Chicken Shack, before marrying John McVie and later joining Fleetwood Mac.

I enjoy listening to that early stuff. It has anwhole different flavor.... A lot of history there.

Their founder, Peter Green (which, as you say, a lot of folks don't know about as part of their history) is one of the best guitarists around. Also wrote some awesome songs - Black Magic Woman, Green Manalishi (I like Judas Priest's version best), Oh Well. Would've been interesting to see what it would've turned into if he would've stayed...

rezman
10-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Their founde, Peter Green (which, as you say, a lot of folks don't know about as part of their history) is one of the best guitarists around. Also wrote some awesome songs - Black Magic Woman, Green Manalishi (I like Judas Priest's version best), Oh Well. Would've been interesting to see what it would've turned into if he would've stayed...

You're not kidding. Peter Green and John Mayall could sure put on a show....
And dont't forget the late great Bob Welch.

Achilleslastand
10-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Bob who?
J/K.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CXnn_Y_pw

Mel
10-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Just looked at the ticket prices. I'm out darn it. Bare Trees was the first Mac album I owned.

kelroy55
10-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Just looked at the ticket prices. I'm out darn it. Bare Trees was the first Mac album I owned.

wow no kidding about the ticket prices.

Achilleslastand
10-11-2014, 07:23 PM
The cheapest ive seen were around 110 for the nosebleeds. It is a tad expensive but nothing on a level of a Stones or Macca show.

TheTravellers
10-12-2014, 05:06 AM
The cheapest ive seen were around 110 for the nosebleeds. It is a tad expensive but nothing on a level of a Stones or Macca show.

I could've sworn that ticket prices were $61.25 - $201.xx from Chesapeake's site, and those include the nastyhorribleevil fees.