View Full Version : Brick or Treat

Urbanized
09-27-2014, 01:53 PM
A new event for Bricktown (https://www.facebook.com/events/332575090250454/?ref=22)...

The Bricktown Association will host its first-ever Brick or Treat candy hunt for kids in costume on Tuesday, October 28 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at various businesses throughout the district in downtown Oklahoma City.

Parents are invited to bring their children to Bricktown and go trick-or-treating at participating businesses. There will be a tent set up at Reno and Mickey Mantle on the plaza at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark where attendees can pick up a map. There will also be a free pumpkin-painting station, mascots from local teams, and lots of great costumes!

This event is free and open to the public, and trick-or-treaters must be under the age of 14 and be in costume to receive free gifts or candy.

Brick or Treat participating businesses include: Abuelo’s, BMH Neighborhood Bar, Bolero, Bricktown Brewery, Captain Norm’s, Courtyard by Marriott, CrabTown, Earl’s, Exhibit C, Fuzzy’s, Hampton Inn, Henry Hudson’s Public House, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, House of Bedlam, In the Raw, Knuck’s Wheelhouse, Mickey Mantle’s, Nonna’s, The Painted Door Gallery, Pinkitzel Cupcakes, Pinot’s Palette, Put A Cork In It, RedPin Bowling Lounge, Residence Inn, Spaghetti Warehouse, TapWerks, The Melting Pot, Toby Keith’s, Totally Tickets, Treasures Past, Water Taxi, and Yucatan Taco Stand.
Should be a good fit for the district considering its walkability and the fact that many businesses there by default have someone stationed at the front door.

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 12:20 AM
I don't even have to think twice about "Brick or Treat" being the best slogan ever to replace "Halloween" (or whatever).
Kudos to the New-Age Sloganeers. =) (btw: how does one create a 'scary' emoticon?) =)

(I lost interest in Halloween when I was about 11 years old and dropped ice cubes in the younger kid's Treat Collection Bag. . . so they would melt and all of his candy would fall out on the pavement. as a joke.)

Plus there was all of that egg-throwing and toilet papering of trees and whatnuts . . .
Truly . . . An Affont to The Environment. But that was back in the '50s . . .

I'm concerned that modern adults take this "holiday" so seriously . . . Geez . . . =)

bchris02
09-28-2014, 07:32 AM
I'm concerned that modern adults take this "holiday" so seriously . . . Geez . . . =)

Yeah, it's interesting that milllennials still celebrate Halloween. It's funny to see people late into their twenties buying costumes. Prior to this generation, it was mostly a kid's holiday was it not?

kevinpate
09-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Costume buying stops in the late 20's?

Spoil sport.

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah, it's interesting that milllennials still celebrate Halloween. It's funny to see people late into their twenties buying costumes. Prior to this generation, it was mostly a kid's holiday was it not?

It's just another excuse to wring money out of people for no good or rational reason. Obviously, a plot by the Costume and Candy Cartels (and, of course, Satan). Frankly, I'm surprised that Hallmark doesn't have a line of Halloween Cards . . . or maybe they do . . . "When you SCARE enough to give the very best" . . . perhaps with a jack-o-lantern wearing a crown on the back . . .?

In any case . . . Submitted, for your approval, a cornucopia of ideas to tide the faithful over until Thanksgiving . . .
http://www.orientaltrading.com/halloween-costumes-a1-551166.fltr

rezman
09-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't even have to think twice about "Brick or Treat" being the best slogan ever to replace "Halloween" (or whatever).
Kudos to the New-Age Sloganeers. =) (btw: how does one create a 'scary' emoticon?) =)

(I lost interest in Halloween when I was about 11 years old and dropped ice cubes in the younger kid's Treat Collection Bag. . . so they would melt and all of his candy would fall out on the pavement. as a joke.)

Plus there was all of that egg-throwing and toilet papering of trees and whatnuts . . .
Truly . . . An Affont to The Environment. But that was back in the '50s . . .

We used to tie heavy duty string across the yard, about 3 or 4 inches off the ground, tying the ends off to trees, shrubs or what ever was convenient. Later on, we would go out and pick up candy that was left behind.

I too over the years have been hearing more people refering to Halloween as a holiday ..... ???

If I can't take off work for it, then it aint a holiday.

kevinpate
09-28-2014, 10:35 PM
...If I can't take off work for it, then it aint a holiday.

If you can't sell a day off to your boss for Halloween, you need a new line of patter, or a nicer boss.

TheTravellers
10-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Nope, we've been dressing up occasionally (went to NOLA a few times for it, once right after Katrina hit) for years. As long as you have a good party to go to, doesn't matter how old you are...

Urbanized
10-27-2014, 01:39 PM
This event is tomorrow night. If you have kids, bring 'em out...extra trick or treat night!