View Full Version : Oklahoma City Theater Company

ljbab728
09-20-2014, 01:04 AM
If anyone has any connections with this I need serious help. Over a month ago I went on their website and purchased a season pass. I immediately received an email confirmation from Paypal of the purchase. Since then I have received nothing from them. I sent an initial email to them after that and Rachel with the OCTC told me I would receive something in the mail and I could attend the first show by just showing up and that I would receive something in the mail from them for future shows. I want to attend "Carrie" with my daughter and her boyfriend and asked about how I could do that. This is an email response I received.

Hi.

Thank you so much! Yes, all shows in CitySpace are general admission, while we do have assigned seating in the Freede; however, those can be reserved whenever and wherever you wish, so for example, when Carrie, the Musical comes along, you could call up and say "I want two seats together, and I have one season pass and would like to pay for the other.

When we're in CitySpace, we allow season pass holders (and their guests in this case) to enter the theatre 20-30 minutes before show time so they can have their choice of seats. We haven't had any issues with this system, so I hope you'll decide to become a subscriber. You can reach me at the number below if you have any other questions. I'm sorry no one returned your call. We opened our first show this weekend, and your message must have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again! We'll look forward to seeing you at the show!

Rachel Irick
Artistic Director
OKC Theatre Company
(405) 593-6600

I was able to attend the first show but have never received anything in the mail. I have tried numerous times since then to send them emails and left phone messages and get no response at all. I called the Civic Center box office who also books their shows and they said they have no record of my season pass. I just have no idea what to do.

zookeeper
09-20-2014, 04:31 AM
If anyone has any connections with this I need serious help. Over a month ago I went on their website and purchased a season pass. I immediately received an email confirmation from Paypal of the purchase. Since then I have received nothing from them. I sent an initial email to them after that and Rachel with the OCTC told me I would receive something in the mail and I could attend the first show by just showing up and that I would receive something in the mail from them for future shows. I want to attend "Carrie" with my daughter and her boyfriend and asked about how I could do that. This is an email response I received.

I was able to attend the first show but have never received anything in the mail. I have tried numerous times since then to send them emails and left phone messages and get no response at all. I called the Civic Center box office who also books their shows and they said they have no record of my season pass. I just have no idea what to do.

I think I would print out a copy of all Paypal documentation that shows they received payment via Paypal (and double check that everything went smoothly on Paypal's side). Then email or send a USPS letter to the OCTC, but this time including all documentation that shows they have been paid and there is obviously a problem. Explain how the Civic Center box office has no record of your season pass either, and you are needing to get this squared away. If you get the run around from Rachel, contact Deborah Draheim, the Managing Director. Take a look at the Board of Directors. If you know any of them, don't hesitate to call them and explain you're at a loss and needing assistance. Good luck, that's got to be very frustrating.

shawnw
09-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Keith Parker (keith@okctc.org) was the president of the board the last I spoke with him but it's been awhile.

ljbab728
09-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I emailed Deborah tonight and got an immediate response from her. She said she had mailed the season pass previously and didn't know why I didn't get it. I verified my address for her and she said she would send me a new one immediately. Thanks for the suggestions.

ljbab728
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
I went to see the final performance of "Carrie the Musical" tonight. It's hardly the best musical ever produced but it was still very interesting. There were a number of excellent actors in the cast but the standout, by far, was Cory King as Carrie's mother.

RadicalModerate
11-02-2014, 12:02 AM
The self-described "Old Army Sawbones" who fixed me up a couple of times, in the distant past, after a couple of accidents, has a Theater named for him. It's a relatively small theater, yet it is good. It goes by the name of Freede. It's part of the Civic Center Complex I think his initials were H. J.