View Full Version : Bus System, Slightly Peeved

RadicalModerate
09-11-2014, 12:50 PM
When "Embark" came on board as a Designer it was easy to spot the disconnect between the vision and the reality.
This is due, in part, to an apparent neglect of the details.

My personal bus stop was removed, the bench at the one at Hefner and Penn has not been relocated, and the drivers are so [pissed off] about the situation that they actually run red liyhrghts and honk at others in traffic.

This isn't a personal attitude about stuff . . .
It is only actual observational.
Riding the Bus.
I

JohnH_in_OKC
09-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm retired & I buy a 30 day pass every year (this is my 5th year). I am in the middle of this year's pass now. I just know the drivers do their best to keep the posted schedule using their GPS device. As a passenger, I love it since it means the buses are usually on time.

I remember last year, bus 5 was about 10 minutes late. The bus driver stopped at Mercy Hospital & smoked a cigarette & made a phone call, not caring that other passengers had connections to make. Consequently, I missed my connection to bus 7 & wasted over a half hour waiting for the next bus. (Back then, bus 7 ran every 45 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.)

Today I was on bus 5, the lady driver was running 6 minutes late (traffic was jammed up at Memorial & Penn). She still waited for a customer who needed a slight delay for some reason, setting her back another minute. However, she was able to make up the time & reached the transit center only 2 minutes late. Everyone made their connections. This is the better way to travel by bus & it results in many more happy customers in my opinion!