View Full Version : Arts Festival Oklahoma this weekend

Jeepnokc
08-30-2014, 06:51 AM
The Arts Festival Oklahoma kicks off today at 11 and runs through Monday. It is at OKCCC and is free admission. Parking is plentiful but it is $5.00 to park. There is a kid's art area as well as approximately 140 artists' (including myself) exhibiting.

The stage is set up and there will be live music all weekend with a concert each night. The Philharmonic is tomorrow as well as Edgar Cruz. Here is link to music schedule: Performing Arts (http://www.occc.edu/afo/music.html)

This is one of the few big cultural arts events on the southside and your support is appreciated. Come by and say hi if you make it. I am on the front row in a corner spot. Booth 13

turnpup
08-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten all about it and was just wondering what we might want to do tonight. It'll be nice to have dinner, then go hang out this evening—especially with the cooler weather.

Jeep, what type of art do you do?

Jeepnokc
08-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Photography. Front row on corner. Very bright work on metal or canvas. Next to information tent and the tent to eat your food. Hunsucker images.

Urbanized
08-31-2014, 08:51 AM
If someone watches your booth while you go grab festival food do you refer to them as the Hunsucker proxy?

Urbanized
08-31-2014, 08:52 AM
And yes, I know that's not the real name...

kevinpate
08-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Still funny.

Jeepnokc
08-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Edgar Cruz and the Philharmonic are playing today.

RadicalModerate
08-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Photography. Front row on corner. Very bright work on metal or canvas. Next to information tent and the tent to eat your food. Hunsucker images.

In my humble opinion, the revisioning of your new building, in an historic district, was artistic enough. =)
I once did a little "homily" on photography. The idea was "Light Writing" . . .
I wish it weren't so darn hot--and the location so far away--I attended that Arts Fesitival several times many years ago. It's a good one.