View Full Version : Tom T. Hall, tribute to

RadicalModerate
08-07-2014, 11:19 PM
It certainly isn't his Greatest Hit . . .
(yet, it remains effective regarding translation of perceptual frameworks . . .)
MoMvzY3IIcc

I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to this particular lyric . . .
It may have something to do with
Seizing (sp?) the Moments of The Day
as compared to
Carpe Diem. =)

Achilleslastand
08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Got dragged along{at around 13 yrs old or so} to a Tom T concert at the OKC Civic Center. Even though to the best of my memories he said something to the effect of it was horrible crowd and he might never come back I do love old dogs, children and last but not least beer.
+1 for Clayton Delaney.

kevinpate
08-08-2014, 08:10 AM
I like his music far more than I have ever liked beer.

There was an article in countryweekly a couple months back. Seems he is still writing, but I miss his story telling format.
Tom T. Hall Talks Retirement and Living the Simple Life - Country Weekly (http://www.countryweekly.com/news/tom-t-hall-talks-retirement-and-living-simple-life)

hoya
08-08-2014, 08:27 AM
You should change the thread title. For a minute I thought he had died.

When I was like 5 his children's album was my favorite record. "Sneaky snake" and "The mysterious fox of fox hollow" were awesome songs. :)

Songs Of Fox Hollow (Vinyl) 1974 Country - Tom T. Hall - Download Country Music - Download Sneaky Snake - Songs Of Fox Hollow (Vinyl) (http://www.iomoio.com/album/212626_tomthallsongsoffoxhollowvinylmp3download.ht ml)

RadicalModerate
08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
I think I just figured out why I always liked Tom T. Hall songs so much.
As I mentioned, elsewhere in here, that documentary on Mark Twain jogged some memories.

The narrator made a couple of quips that rang a couple of bells, so to speak:
1) Samuel Clemens was an Observer (and a writer).
2) Mark Twain was a nom de plume to designate a Mississippi Riverboat pilot's vague relief at being sort of in "the safe zone".
3) Tom T. Hall is also a storyteller, plus he adds some simple music.

Tom is so good that even Dave Dudley could cover him. =)
wgKhALkbos0

This could be one of his more poignant tales of the road . . .
ENfZRVTfWac

Now . . . Imagine hearing that song, for the first time, on a vinyl platter without video . . . =)

Dennis Heaton
08-08-2014, 01:34 PM
hoyasooner...me too! My first thought was, "oh man!" Then I started thinking of old dawgs, children and watermelon wine, as I clicked on the thread.