View Full Version : Tulsa Center of the universe festival 2014

Bullbear
07-28-2014, 08:35 AM
I went to the Center of the universe festival over the weekend and have to say that Tulsa did a great job with a music festival. I was very pleased and had a great time!. I would love for "OKCFEST" to eventually get to this level or beyond. we purchased VIP tickets and it was so worth the extra 100 bucks. the minute you walk in the gate you can either wander through the streets and look at vendors or hit one of the club venues or other stages or you can hop on a gold kart and be whisked away to an entrance behind Cains ballroom. you enter to Cains set up as a huge lounge with free draft beer and a live feed of the main stage on the big screen on stage in the frigid A/c ( sooo nice ) but you didn't come to watch the bands on the Big screen so step out the front door of cains and you are in the VIP gated area just feet away from the main stage. I would not have survived GA as the street was so narrow that it was packed from the stage all the way back for blocks. it looked miserable but you could move pretty easily through the VIP area and into Oklahoma joes to grab some food then back to free beer between sets. Great set up!
the bands were great. 21 pilots were an unexpected surprise and Cold war Kids may have been my favorite of the weekend. Young the Giant has been a favorite for a while and although I wasn't as familiar with their latest album it was still a great show and Capital Cities was a lot of fun!. I will definately go back next year.