View Full Version : Oklahoma City Theater Company 2014 - 2015 Season

ljbab728
07-26-2014, 11:31 PM
The new season has been announced and it sounds very interesting with some potential for more protests about content.

Oklahoma City Theatre Company embraces diversity with 2014-15 season | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-theatre-company-embraces-diversity-with-2014-15-season/article/5076456)

Oklahoma City Theatre Company is diving into its 16th season focused on its continuing mission to bring an eclectic mix of plays to the community.

And controversy isn’t going to knock the company off course.

“We don’t play to themes as much as we do trying to give something for everyone, or almost everyone, as much as we can. And diversity is a new major focus for us,” Artistic Director Rachel Irick said.

“My feeling as artistic director is if we don’t have several things on our season that people ... raise an eyebrow to, then I’m not doing my job. I want people to be talking about what we’re doing, and I want people to have some sort of passionate feeling toward what we’re doing. If it’s positive, I hope it is, but if it’s negative, that’s OK, too.”

ON STAGE

Oklahoma City Theatre Company 2014-15 Season

“Glengarry Glen Ross”

When: 8 p.m. preview Aug. 7; 8 p.m. Aug. 8-9, 14-16, 21-23 and 2 p.m. Aug. 17 and 24.

“Carrie: The Musical”

When: Oct. 16-Nov. 1.

“Wit”

When: Jan. 8-18.

“Tartuffe”

When: Feb. 5-15.

“Corpus Christi”

When: March 19-April 4.

Sixth annual Native American New Play Festival

When: May 7-17.

Where: Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker.

Information: 626-6605 or www.okctheatrecompany.org.