View Full Version : The Sports Animal beat the Franchise in Ratings

Tydude
07-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Media notes: NBA TV to go behind the scenes of USA Basketball team, including Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin | News OK (http://newsok.com/media-notes-nba-tv-to-go-behind-the-scenes-of-usa-basketball-team-including-kevin-durant-and-blake-griffin/article/5071688?custom_click=columnist)

WWLS-FM 98.1, the Sports Animal, had a strong spring Arbitron ratings book (March 27-June 18), ranking No. 2 in the Oklahoma City market in men ages 25 to 54, its primary demographic, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. WWLS posted a 27 percent increase in the category from the winter book and ranked No. 1 in afternoon drive and No. 2 in morning drive.

In that demo, The Franchise 107.7 ranked No. 6 and slipped 13 percent from the winter book. The station was down 46 percent in morning drive and 21 percent in afternoon drive.

soonerstan56
07-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Don't these two stations have rooms in the same corperate whorehouse ? If so what do the ratings matter if they are better than their real competition.

Stan

Bill Robertson
07-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Don't these two stations have rooms in the same corperate whorehouse ? If so what do the ratings matter if they are better than their real competition.

StanThe Animal is owned by Cumulus Media and they broadcast from NW Expressway near the 63rd St intersection. The Franchise is owned by Tyler Media and I think they broadcast from East Britton Road.

kwhey
07-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Why people still listen to that garbage on 98.1 is beyond me (especially the afternoon drive).

td25er
07-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Why people still listen to that garbage on 98.1 is beyond me (especially the afternoon drive).

People resist change. "Don't change my OU uniforms". "Don't change my OU pregame celebration".

catch22
07-29-2014, 10:41 AM
The Franchise 107.7 has some kind of an office on SW104th between Penn and Western.

Do they do their shows there and relay to the transmitter tower up north?

Fantastic
07-29-2014, 11:39 AM

Agreed! I wouldn't be caught dead listening to the Death Star... it's horrible.

Bill Robertson
07-29-2014, 12:03 PM
The Franchise 107.7 has some kind of an office on SW104th between Penn and Western.

Do they do their shows there and relay to the transmitter tower up north?I don't think so. Magic I'm positive is in the Britton Road building and a couple of times Sam Mayes has had the Magic Man stick around and be on a segment or two of Mid-Morning Mayes. Also, contest prizes must be picked up at 400 E. Britton.

ctchandler
07-29-2014, 12:27 PM
SoonerSoftail,
The main office is on Britton, but as Catch22 indicated, there is an office on Southwest 104th East of Penn. There's a big sign that says "The Franchise" and I think it has 107.7 on the sign as well. I just drove by it last week.
C. T.
I don't think so. Magic I'm positive is in the Britton Road building and a couple of times Sam Mayes has had the Magic Man stick around and be on a segment or two of Mid-Morning Mayes. Also, contest prizes must be picked up at 400 E. Britton.