View Full Version : When Advertisements Are Disguised as News

Just the facts
07-23-2014, 07:12 AM
This subject came up in the Black Mass thread but I thought it would be fun/interesting to track actual examples of advertisements being disguised as news.

This is an ad for Michael Carr's Peak Profit System.

Billionaire Warns: Yellen Collapse 'Will Be Unlike Any Other' (http://www.moneynews.com/mktnews/billionaire-yellen-market-collapse/2014/07/21/id/583962/)

Billionaire Warns: Yellen Collapse 'Will Be Unlike Any Other'

Another horrific stock market crash is coming, and the next bust will be “unlike any other” we have seen.

That’s the message from Jeremy Grantham, co-founder and chief investment strategist of GMO, a Boston-based firm with $117 billion in assets under management.

Grantham pulls no punches when assigning responsibility for the coming financial carnage. In a recent interview with The New York Times, he calls Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen “ignorant” and says the Federal Reserve all but killed the economic recovery.

Grimly, he adds, “We have never had this before. It’s going to be very painful for investors.”

Grantham isn’t the only one worried about a market collapse.

“We have no right to be surprised by a severe and imminent stock market crash,” explains Mark Spitznagel, a hedge fund manager who is notorious for his hugely profitable billion-dollar bet on the 2008 crisis. “In fact, we must absolutely expect it."

Billion-dollar investor Warren Buffett is rumored to be preparing for a crash as well. The “Warren Buffett Indicator,” also known as the “Total-Market-Cap to GDP Ratio,” is breaching sell-alert status and a collapse may happen at any moment.

So with an inevitable crash looming, what are Main Street investors to do?

What is a Main Street investor to do? They are supposed to buy the Michael Carr Peak Profit System with the sales pitch in the rest of the article.

kelroy55
07-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Kind of like Glenn Beck and his gold. I see, don't watch, many of those commercials that are formatted like a news or a talk show. Larry King does one but I don't remember what it's for.

boscorama
07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
I have some radio hosts who do those ads 'in character'. Laura Ingraham has one but I caught on long ago, so I never hear the whole thing. LifeLock is one but I couldn't say who promotes it.

Speaking of Glenn Beck, he had one for a dentist a while back. The imagery was such a turnoff. I knew the time of day to expect it, and avoid the channel at that time.