View Full Version : Is it too late to buy a rental property near campus?

Timing
07-03-2014, 12:50 PM
There were not many private apartment complex years ago, I don't know how many have been built in the past 10-15 years, but I know there are a lot, Campus Lodge, Reserve at Stinson, the Commons, just to name a few. Plus OU is building student housing too.
So my question is if it's too late to buy rental property near campus? How many students are there, compare to years ago, huge enrollment jump? Are those apartments all rented out? Or sit vacant?
Any comments? Please feel free to share your thoughts and observations.
Have a great 4th of July!
Stay cool and stay safe.

FighttheGoodFight
07-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Most apartments around OU are full. I still work at OU but when I went to OU a few years back if you didn't sign a lease a bit early you got some bad apartments left over.

I don't know if OU student housing will ever pick up for older students as the other apartments offer a cheaper rent and students can drink off campus.

I'm not sure of any that sit vacant. I know the newest ones built are The Ave.

Timing
07-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Most apartments around OU are full. I still work at OU but when I went to OU a few years back if you didn't sign a lease a bit early you got some bad apartments left over.

I don't know if OU student housing will ever pick up for older students as the other apartments offer a cheaper rent and students can drink off campus.

I'm not sure of any that sit vacant. I know the newest ones built are The Ave.

Where is the Ave? I know the Millennium is being built right now. I am just wondering if it will be over built around campus.

FighttheGoodFight
07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Where is the Ave? I know the Millennium is being built right now. I am just wondering if it will be over built around campus.

The Ave is off of the South Campus.

https://www.facebook.com/avenorman

kevinpate
07-04-2014, 07:32 AM
If I were going to acquire rental property as an investment, I'm not sure my target tenant would be the babydult segment of society.

soonerfan_in_okc
07-09-2014, 07:11 PM
not sure what size you are looking for, but I live just east of the train tracks between boyd and main in the Miller district. Lots of decent homes around here that pop up for sale.