View Full Version : Dave and Buster's

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

KnobbyKnees
06-19-2014, 07:36 PM
I couple of friends and I went to D&B's a little earlier this evening. Walked in and saw all the "teenyboppers" and young kids. We turned around and walked out.

Have any other "adults" been there, that would care to "review" this business?

Pete
06-05-2024, 10:47 AM
Dave & Buster's is getting a refresh to the exterior and the bar and dining areas.

Hard to believe it's been open more than 10 years.

OKCisOK4me
06-05-2024, 10:50 AM
And I've still never been. Maybe one of these days...

OkieBerto
06-05-2024, 10:51 AM
Dave & Buster's is getting a refresh to the exterior and the bar and dining areas.

It is hard to believe that it has also been 10 years since someone posted in this thread.

Richard at Remax
06-05-2024, 12:08 PM
Shows how far we have come. It was a big deal when it got here, now not even on my radar anymore. Esp with Main Event so close to me.

jn1780
06-05-2024, 12:19 PM
It is hard to believe that it has also been 10 years since someone posted in this thread.

And people talked about it so hard at the start of this thread. It became old news real fast once it opened. It just gets referenced when another entertainment venue opens or another 'we don't have this" discussion pops up.

traxx
06-05-2024, 01:24 PM
And people talked about it so hard at the start of this thread. It became old news real fast once it opened. It just gets referenced when another entertainment venue opens or another 'we don't have this" discussion pops up.

I feel we fall into this a lot on this site and in this city. If we don't have it then it must be cool. Once we have it, it's not cool anymore.

It's the old Groucho Marx idea of I don't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member...or something like that.

barrettd
06-05-2024, 01:25 PM
Shows how far we have come. It was a big deal when it got here, now not even on my radar anymore. Esp with Main Event so close to me.

If you haven't been yet, you might also enjoy Andy B's. Similar to Main Event in some ways, but a much smaller scale. I enjoyed it both with kids and separately with an after work group of adults.

Pete
06-05-2024, 02:01 PM
I feel we fall into this a lot on this site and in this city. If we don't have it then it must be cool. Once we have it, it's not cool anymore.

It's the old Groucho Marx idea of I don't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member...or something like that.

It's exactly the same everywhere else.

I've often told the story of people lining up around the block when Dunkin Donuts opened in L.A. And everyone there desperately wanted Waffle House. I don't think I've ever been to either one of those places.

traxx
06-05-2024, 03:03 PM
It's exactly the same everywhere else.

I've often told the story of people lining up around the block when Dunkin Donuts opened in L.A. And everyone there desperately wanted Waffle House. I don't think I've ever been to either one of those places.

Yeah, I've talked to people who don't have Sonic or Braum's where they live and they desperately want one. I'm like, "why?"

Remember back in the 80s and 90s when Dunkin Donuts was a decent cup of Joe at a reasonable price? Now they're all fancy and whatnot. They went from Dunkin' Donuts to Dunkin. Now it's Dnkn. By 2030 it'll just be D.

Jersey Boss
06-05-2024, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I've talked to people who don't have Sonic or Braum's where they live and they desperately want one. I'm like, "why?"

Remember back in the 80s and 90s when Dunkin Donuts was a decent cup of Joe at a reasonable price? Now they're all fancy and whatnot. They went from Dunkin' Donuts to Dunkin. Now it's Dnkn. By 2030 it'll just be D.

DD is nothing but a name of its former self. Once they quit baking on site they lost me

Ginkasa
06-06-2024, 09:38 AM
By 2030 it'll just be D.

I can imagine the low brow shock value advertising campaign.

Bill Robertson
06-06-2024, 09:44 AM
DD is nothing but a name of its former self. Once they quit baking on site they lost meDD was an almost daily stop when going to NW Classen. Donuts and a coke. Then the one on 39th for many years was a twice a week or so stop on the way to work. I miss the old DD dearly.

TheTravellers
06-06-2024, 09:54 AM
DD is nothing but a name of its former self. Once they quit baking on site they lost me

Dunkin's sausage/egg/cheese croissant is one of the best fast-food breakfast sandwiches out there, and it's available all day, we get it every few months.

Patrick
06-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Krispy Kreme was also the same when it first came here. Prior to that everyone was making trips to Texas to bring back their goods. I remember church groups going in bulk to Texas to bring back Krispy Kreme donuts for their congregations. Now only 1 store remains in the OKC area and it's not near as popular here in OKC as it once was.

Regarding Dave and Busters, we still enjoy going there. It's a little different than Main Event. They have a larger arcade game section since that's mostly the whole place. Main Event has a smaller arcade area but also has a bowling alley. Andy B's focuses even more on bowling and has a very very small arcade.

FighttheGoodFight
06-06-2024, 11:56 AM

They going to allow gambling now like the other locations? That'll bring more people in. Gotta bet on my nephew running up the score in Skee-ball

Urbanite
06-06-2024, 12:47 PM
I will say Dave & Busters isn't even close to what it was in it's heyday. In the late 80's/early 90's in Dallas when I used to go there as a teen i think they had 2 locations there we visited and they were waaaaaaaay nicer than the cookie cutter versions they are spitting out everywhere now. They had about 8 really nice pool tables in one area, a 4-6 lane bowling alley, great food, and known for having state of the art arcade games. At night it became adults only and catered more to the adult crowd. The pool table area had dark hardwoods on the walls, the classic green billiard lamps above the tables, I think even had a booth at the ends of the table so you could play and eat. Just a totally different feel to them as opposed to a teenage version of Chuck E Cheese.

BridgeBurner
06-06-2024, 12:57 PM

Still never been, when is the refresh scheduled to be complete?

barrettd
06-10-2024, 07:31 AM
DD was an almost daily stop when going to NW Classen. Donuts and a coke. Then the one on 39th for many years was a twice a week or so stop on the way to work. I miss the old DD dearly.

Old DD was the best donut shop when I was a kid. I now have one about 2 blocks away that I never visit, because we have a few family-owned donut shops local to me that are leaps and bounds better.

TornadoKegan
06-21-2024, 11:14 PM
LOL /sigh

I think Bricktown is the best place for them in OKC. Pete your comment on Quail Springs is probably right, I would except that UNP in Norman would be another. However, both locations effectively kill off customers from half the Metro.

As most everyone knows. After 16 years. Norman has a Main Event planned which is owned by dave and busters. Now we just need a dave and busters on the south side. Maybe along the east west connector

TornadoKegan
06-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Will they be closed while the remodel happens

TornadoKegan
06-21-2024, 11:20 PM
I think our dave and busters kind of sucks. I like going to the location at stonebriar mall in frisco.