View Full Version : Knuck's Wheelhouse

Pages : 1 [2]

shawnw
02-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Weird, I wonder what happened. They were involved in so much and doing well and now it's all gone.

Urbanized
02-15-2018, 03:33 PM
At one point they were a really good team together, then they got perhaps a bit too aggressive growth-wise, then they split up and things fell apart. Knuck's was sort of Drew's baby and once he wasn't involved and Anna was more focused on trying to keep the rest of it together (or find partners/buyers), Knuck's really suffered. It's a shame. The pizza was pretty outstanding, especially early on.

BBatesokc
02-15-2018, 03:52 PM
I really liked the pizza, but it wasn't enough to motivate me to put up with getting to their location. I avoid Bricktown like the plague.

Martin
02-15-2018, 05:37 PM
i liked the pizza but factoring in an additional $5 just to park to get takeout didn't make it a realistic lunch option for me.

shawnw
02-15-2018, 06:01 PM
For a downtown resident that's often on foot, it was a great option, especially if you were out late. I'm quite bummed.

Roger S
02-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Well it was our go to when we wanted to grab a slice and a beer before a Thunder game but there were just too many good options we could drive to for other occasions. Looks like Sussy’s will be our new stop.

Pete
03-03-2018, 07:00 AM
Coming soon to the canal in Bricktown is the...
Rock N Roll Pizza Joint ( formerly Knucks )

Grand Opening very soon so stay tuned!!

This place is gonna Rock!
• dine in or carry out
• delivery
• pizza by the slice
• open late on the weekends
• catering

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rockpizza.jpg

Urbanized
03-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Who is the operator, Pete? I’m out of the loop on this.

Pete
03-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Who is the operator, Pete? I’m out of the loop on this.

Jeff Rogers is partnering with Bret Brewer.

Urbanized
03-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Ah. I thought that might be the case. Does this mean they will finally marry food to the Tipsy Tiki space? The entire reason Knuck’s existed in the first place is because Norm’s wanted food on their patio, so recruited Drew and Anna to the Knuck’s Space, which is connected by an interior staircase from its kitchen to the back room of the patio bar. They tried for a minute but could never get on the same wavelength.

Jeff and his folks are professional operators, though the branding on this one will have to grow on me. I really like the Tipsy Tiki brand and Pink Parrot is fine too. This seems a bit generic if I’m being honest. But if they do a good job with the pizza it won’t matter.

Pete
03-03-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm very sure that Tipsy Tiki and the pizza place will be tied together.

I'll ask Jeff for details.

In any event, it's a really nice save after the loss of Knuck's was pretty depressing but I also know there were ownership factors that played a heavy role.

Urbanized
03-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Yes, very glad that it is being replaced quickly.

Martin
04-17-2018, 11:02 AM
went here for the first time since the changeover... the pizza is completely different. they only had pepperoni and plain cheese available by the slice whereas knuck's seemed to always have several options. the crust was cracker thin, flavorless and nothing like the soft, bready crust served previously. three slices (no drink) set me back $14 plus the cost to park. i probably won't be back.

/at least i was addressed as "capitán", which is my preferred honorific.

Johnb911
04-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Not sure if it's the same ownership, or if this is the best thread for it, but word on Nextdoor is the building that used to be a Pink Parrot that used to be a Taco Cabana on May north of Hefner is slated to be a Wheel House Pizza. They are repainting the exterior and the old Pink Parrot sign is down.

Libbymin
04-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Not sure if it's the same ownership, or if this is the best thread for it, but word on Nextdoor is the building that used to be a Pink Parrot that used to be a Taco Cabana on May north of Hefner is slated to be a Wheel House Pizza. They are repainting the exterior and the old Pink Parrot sign is down.

I was wondering the same thing but apparently it's a completely different ownership. That's going to confuse people a bit though. Hope it's good!

Johnb911
04-19-2018, 11:02 AM
I was wondering the same thing but apparently it's a completely different ownership. That's going to confuse people a bit though. Hope it's good!

It's apparently the same ownership as Jimmy's Egg. So i'm sure plenty of folks will have their minds made up about that already.

shawnw
04-19-2018, 11:16 AM
"Wheel" is probably a common term to use for a round food (e.g. cheese) so I'm guessing that's the root of it, but who knows.