View Full Version : Led Zep Since ive been loving you rough mix.

Achilleslastand
06-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Led Zeppelin 1, 2 and 3 were released this week remastered and includes rough mixes of several tracks as well as unheard material.
This is superior to the version that was on LZ3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZk5sx8Emc8

Prunepicker
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I read about this yesterday. Did you know that Jimmy Page is 70?

I'm going to have to check this out. I saw Led Zep in 1969. Wow!
No back up band. A few years later Jethro Tull did a concert without
a back up band.

Achilleslastand
06-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I read about this yesterday. Did you know that Jimmy Page is 70?

I'm going to have to check this out. I saw Led Zep in 1969. Wow!
No back up band. A few years later Jethro Tull did a concert without
a back up band.

I bet that was a heckuva experience....

They decided at one point what was the point in having a back up band no one cared about seeing and some of there longer shows could stretch into the 3 hour mark and beyond. They were also the first band to tell the concert promoters at the time that the 60/40 spilt was insufficient and they would receive a 90/10 spilt but be responsible for tshirts etc instead of the promoter as well as giving the promoter the glory of being associated with Zeppelin.

mark
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I bet that was a heckuva experience....

They decided at one point what was the point in having a back up band no one cared about seeing and some of there longer shows could stretch into the 3 hour mark and beyond. They were also the first band to tell the concert promoters at the time that the 60/40 spilt was insufficient and they would receive a 90/10 spilt but be responsible for tshirts etc instead of the promoter as well as giving the promoter the glory of being associated with Zeppelin.
would you have told peter grant that deal wouldn't fly?

Eddie1
06-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Amazing band...timeless songs.

Achilleslastand
06-06-2014, 10:36 AM
would you have told peter grant that deal wouldn't fly?

After hearing some of the stories about Peter Grant and Richard Cole no way.

Achilleslastand
06-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Amazing band...timeless songs.

Agreed........
If I were stranded on a desert isle you could give me there library of work as well as the Beatles and id be happy.

TheTravellers
06-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Sadly, I haven't kept up with reissues (of Zep or other bands) like I should, I'm assuming the quality is way better than the grey cube that came out a decade or so ago? Unreleased stuff isn't that big a deal to me, I have tons of boots of that kind of thing already, but it'd just be a nice cherry on top...

TheTravellers
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Just got the new issue of MOJO in the mail today, cover story is their typically huge cover feature, and it's quite timely (gee, wonder why it's timely, lol). Should be a good read, probably end up spending more money, that's usually what reading MOJO gets me...

MOJO Magazine Latest Issue & Cover Archive (http://www.mojo4music.com/magazine/)