View Full Version : USO at WRWA

AFCM
05-21-2014, 12:34 AM
After failing to locate the USO at WRWA, I decided to perform a cursory search online of USO facilities in CONUS. The USO seems to have ceased operations in OKC. When did this happen? For those of you who may be in the know, was the closure due to lack of funding or visitation?

DavidD_NorthOKC
05-21-2014, 12:53 AM
There hasn't been an actual USO at WRWA for years. There is a designated military lounge area similar to a USO outside the main terminal - at least there was last time I recall. Can't say precisely why the USO left.

MWCGuy
05-21-2014, 01:16 AM
YMCA operates a welcome center at Will Rogers

From Flyokc.com

The YMCA Military Welcome Center (MWC) at Will Rogers World Airport is located in Bay O of the cargo annex, just 130 yards outside the side exit by Baggage Claim 1. The Welcome Center offers a restful and relaxing atmosphere for traveling military members from all branches, active or retired. The center provides refreshment, internet access, long-distance phone service, stamps and stationary, games and hi-definition satellite TV on a big screen.

The MWC is a collaboration between four entities: the City of Oklahoma City, Will Rogers World Airport, the Armed Services YMCA, and the Earlywine Park YMCA. The center operates primarily with the help of volunteers and community donations. The caring volunteers strive to provide a home-like atmosphere for the travelers, and vendors such as Pepsi Bottling Group and BOINGO, provide drinks and internet usage.
Operating Hours

From the terminal building, go to Bag Claim 1 and exit the side door. The center is 130 yards from the door in Cargo Bay P.
If driving, the center is located at 7100 Air Cargo Road, Bay O, Oklahoma City, OK 73159.

Monday-Friday
9 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

AFCM
05-21-2014, 02:54 PM
There hasn't been an actual USO at WRWA for years. There is a designated military lounge area similar to a USO outside the main terminal - at least there was last time I recall. Can't say precisely why the USO left.

I may have been confused; perhaps what I remember was never actually a USO. In any case, I looked for the place over last weekend, and I couldn't find anything.

I was just curious. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk