View Full Version : Perfect Swing Headed to Foreclosure

venture
05-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Finally. The entire thing just needs to be leveled though. Wonder what ever happened to the new Lowes and Walmart that were planned for the site.

Tornado-damaged Perfect Swing Family Fun Center faces foreclosure | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/article/4818413)

NORMAN — Closed after sustaining heavy damage from a tornado in 2010, Perfect Swing Family Fun Center is poised to be seized by the federal government and sold to pay off a delinquent disaster loan on the property.
Today, the windows are boarded at the amusement park and paint is peeling off of the white-and-blue clapboard buildings just off of State Highway 9 in Norman. Trees and high grass are beginning to grow up around the go-kart track and picnic areas. A concrete pool that once held bumper boats is empty, except for a puddle of stagnant, muddy water and trash.

s00nr1
05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
It's absolutely astounding to me the City of Norman allowed this eyesore to continually worsen for 4 years. Just goes to show the complete lack of concern by the council for the east side of town.

jn1780
05-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Where did the $728,100 go? Doesn't look like it was ever spent on the site.

SoonerDave
05-16-2014, 07:43 PM
My wife and I went to Perfect Swing **years** ago and it was in pathetic condition even then. I don't think the owners have been too keen on upkeep for quite some time.