View Full Version : The cast of Star Wars VII has been released.

elitespy
04-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm very excited about this

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

http://i.imgur.com/cV1uGqF.jpg

kelroy55
04-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Where's Chewbacca? :)

SoonerDave
04-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what Abrams does with SW since he lost interest in the Trek reboot following the good-but-not-great performance of his Trek sequel.

Interestingly enough, from what I hear, one of the reasons Abrams bolted Trek was that he wanted to completely overhaul how Paramount handles Trek merchandising, but stuff from the original series is under CBS' control, not Paramount, and they wouldn't budge. Abrams supposedly had grand plans to make the Trek name really big as a marketing franchise going forward, but since CBS wouldn't budge, Abrams got hacked off, didn't understand why they didn't want to make Trek a bigger name than it already was, and bolted for the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

And I'm sure SW will make seventy-nine quadrillion dollars in its first six minutes of release.

Of Sound Mind
04-29-2014, 02:33 PM
He shaved.

FritterGirl
04-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Two words: Harrison Ford. That's all I need to know.

Snowman
04-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what Abrams does with SW since he lost interest in the Trek reboot following the good-but-not-great performance of his Trek sequel.

Interestingly enough, from what I hear, one of the reasons Abrams bolted Trek was that he wanted to completely overhaul how Paramount handles Trek merchandising, but stuff from the original series is under CBS' control, not Paramount, and they wouldn't budge. Abrams supposedly had grand plans to make the Trek name really big as a marketing franchise going forward, but since CBS wouldn't budge, Abrams got hacked off, didn't understand why they didn't want to make Trek a bigger name than it already was, and bolted for the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

And I'm sure SW will make seventy-nine quadrillion dollars in its first six minutes of release.

I could see a lot of the new Trek set pieces fitting in better within the Star Wars universe, something just seemed out of scale with the rest of every federation starship design in the franchise and you can not even attribute that the time alteration since they were built before that happened.

Urbanized
04-29-2014, 03:43 PM

In the chair on the far right, with the ponytail.

venture
04-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Pretty exciting to see everyone back. It'll will be interesting to see how they take the story after declaring the EU after ROTJ won't be included in canon.

Easy180
04-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Umm where the hell is Jar Jar?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
I wish they'd have left the original cast out of this one. Start fresh for crying out loud.

IMMA PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUF.

venture
04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I wish they'd have left the original cast out of this one. Start fresh for crying out loud.

I see this as a Star Trek Generations type movie. It'll be where everyone is 30 years after Battle of Endor. I would imagine we'll see the kids of Han and Leia as well as a rebuilt Jedi Order under Luke. I would not expect any of the original crew to continue through Episodes 8 and 9. The interesting part will be the spinoff films they are planning and how those are handled. I would also like to see them jump back to the Old Republic era. Of course that is just the fan boy in me wanting to see Darth Revan on the big screen. :)

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/6628/429121-revan_s_return_by_tansy9.jpg

silvergrove
04-29-2014, 08:15 PM
I see this as a Star Trek Generations type movie. It'll be where everyone is 30 years after Battle of Endor. I would imagine we'll see the kids of Han and Leia as well as a rebuilt Jedi Order under Luke. I would not expect any of the original crew to continue through Episodes 8 and 9. The interesting part will be the spinoff films they are planning and how those are handled. I would also like to see them jump back to the Old Republic era. Of course that is just the fan boy in me wanting to see Darth Revan on the big screen. :)

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/6628/429121-revan_s_return_by_tansy9.jpg

An HK47-like droid would be hilarious on screen... "Hello meatbags."

Lance_the_Red
04-29-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm happy to see no Lucas in the photo...

Snowman
04-29-2014, 09:34 PM
I love they have R2's crate open facing the crew

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-29-2014, 09:41 PM

Yeah...But Trek Generations sucked lol.

I just feel like they do crap like this because they assume it's needed to get us (the OG Star Wars fans that saw the originals in the theaters as children) back in the theater again...I find it insulting. I don't need the original cast in this to like it. I need good casting.

And none of that JarJar nonsense. You can make a movie that appeals to adults and children with slapping the entire planet in the face with that abomination of comic relief.

Oh...And if you ARE gonna bring back the cast, figure out a way to shoehorn in the guy that got rogered but good in the first trilogy. Get David Prowse a part somewhere and pay that man. I mean...None of them are getting residuals, but evidently Lucas really had it in for Prowse. Since Lucas is now out of the picture (pun always intended!), throw that dude a bone since everybody else is getting one.

Snowman
04-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Yeah...But Trek Generations sucked lol.

While Generations was not the greatest, it is far from the worst Star Trek movie.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Ha! Not a high bar to be honest.

I'm not a Trekkie...I've enjoyed just about all the movies, then walked out the door a happy moviegoer. But I'm under no illusions of ANY of them being high art of some form :D

venture
04-29-2014, 10:17 PM
An HK47-like droid would be hilarious on screen... "Hello meatbags."

That would be awesome.

XXvVVCr_6P8

bchris02
05-02-2014, 02:43 PM
PJ Lifestyle » Jar Jar Binks Confirmed for Episode VII (http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/04/01/jar-jar-binks-confirmed-for-episode-vii/)

Stew
05-02-2014, 02:44 PM

You're evil.

FighttheGoodFight
05-02-2014, 02:46 PM

If this goes bad it will be Jar Jar Abrams

Snowman
05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
PJ Lifestyle » Jar Jar Binks Confirmed for Episode VII (http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/04/01/jar-jar-binks-confirmed-for-episode-vii/)

Do you just like posting links to articles from April fools day a month later?

FighttheGoodFight
05-02-2014, 03:01 PM
How much do you think this will gross? 2 billion?

I remember when Episode 1: Phantom Menace came out and Quail Springs AMC 24 had every theater showing it. It was a mad house.

bchris02
05-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Do you just like posting links to articles from April fools day a month later?

You just think its an April Fools joke. If George Lucas was involved they might have actually brought Jar Jar back for Episode VII. After all, starting with the DVD release they added him to the end of Return of the Jedi during the Naboo scene.

venture
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Photos from the set have been "leaked" out...New Star Wars: Episode VII Set Photos Reveal the Millennium Falcon and More! - ComingSoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119054)

You don't really learn much from the photos but it does appear that the movie will have a definite classic trilogy feel to it.

FighttheGoodFight
06-03-2014, 11:35 AM
You don't really learn much from the photos but it does appear that the movie will have a definite classic trilogy feel to it.

What I learned was to be happy they are actually building the prop and not just CGI'ing it in when needed. That makes it better already.

SoonerDave
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
So it looks like he won't be redesigning all those classic ships the way he hacked up the Enterprise in his Trek Rebootiverse.

venture
06-03-2014, 11:43 AM
So it looks like he won't be redesigning all those classic ships the way he hacked up the Enterprise in his Trek Rebootiverse.

I would think there would be some redesigning to an extent, but when you look at everything that has been produced from the Old Republic timeline through the "current" timeline - the ships have all retained a certain look and feel. We are only talking 30 years later so I guess not much will really change.

Side note...I didn't really mind the exterior to the rebooted Enterprise, the interior though definitely was a bit too bright.

OKCisOK4me
06-03-2014, 12:03 PM
At least they're using sound stages and not going 100% digital CGI.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Dustin
06-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Gwendoline Christie from GOT and Lupita Nyongo are joining the cast!

'Star Wars: Episode VII' adds Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-star-wars-episode-vii-lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie-20140602-story.html)

Achilleslastand
06-13-2014, 10:45 AM