View Full Version : Blind Faith

Dennis Heaton
04-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Just cruising down the Expressway, got the T-Tops off and the 8-Track cranked up, listening to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqoyY3yyM4

Achilleslastand
04-25-2014, 11:02 AM
You seriously have a 8track in your car?

Dennis Heaton
04-25-2014, 11:15 AM

I was "remembering" another time (I saw another post in another thread that took me back a couple of decades). The car, Z-28 and the 8-Track are looooooong gone.

jmpokc1957
04-25-2014, 12:01 PM
It got me remembering another time, too. It was 1975, I was in my blue plymouth, Cragar SS mags with 60 series tires in the back. Air shocks, of course. And, on the 8 track, either Average White Band or the soundtrack to Shaft. Real cruising tunes for NW 39th street in it's glory days.

zookeeper
04-25-2014, 12:10 PM
It got me remembering another time, too. It was 1975, I was in my blue plymouth, Cragar SS mags with 60 series tires in the back. Air shocks, of course. And, on the 8 track, either Average White Band or the soundtrack to Shaft. Real cruising tunes for NW 39th street in it's glory days.

The Beach Boys released their classic compilation album, Endless Summer, in the spring of 1974. I bet I ran through that 8 track hundreds of times over the next year. I loved all the other music too, but The Beach Boys and summer in those days just...............fit.

Mel
04-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Cruising around with the stereo cranked up has been one of my decompression techniques from way back. Eight track included. Did not need a shuffle button just a bump in the street. Of course that was what matchbooks were for.

Dennis Heaton
04-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Cruising around with the stereo cranked up has been one of my decompression techniques from way back. Eight track included. Did not need a shuffle button just a bump in the street. Of course that was what matchbooks were for.

LOL @ "did not need a shuffle button..."

Dennis Heaton
04-25-2014, 01:03 PM
The Beach Boys released their classic compilation album, Endless Summer, in the spring of 1974. I bet I ran through that 8 track hundreds of times over the next year. I loved all the other music too, but The Beach Boys and summer in those days just...............fit.

Just for you, zookeeper. This was done by my Cousin from Lakewood, CA...

zookeeper
04-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Just for you, zookeeper. This was done by my Cousin from Lakewood, CA...

Wow - very nice! Makes me long for a California summer.

Achilleslastand
04-25-2014, 03:19 PM

Air shocks lol.....
Had a few pairs on the backs of several cars back in the day{Camaro, Firebird, GTO} and boy didn't they magnify every bump in the road by 500%.

RadicalModerate
04-25-2014, 09:13 PM
To the OP:
Re Post 1:

Perhaps you might figure out a way to work all of this into your personal protest about injustice from the other side of the globe?
(like, in your spare time . . . or whatever?) =)
(sorry . . . my Indian/vaguely Eastern accent . . . ain't whut it us'ta be.) =)

Blind Faith: Great Group
Album Cover Version/Representation: Not So Great.
(never judge a book nor album (nor 8-Track, nor cassette) by its cover) =)

Next thing you know there will be a Federal Case made out of all this. =)

Dennis Heaton
04-25-2014, 09:20 PM
RM...You haven't heard? The "Family" has declared war on one another..."Godfather" was dethroned.

RadicalModerate
04-25-2014, 09:25 PM

Seriously: How could one seriously have an 8track in their car?
unless they were serious. Or vaguely TechnoAmish?

RadicalModerate
04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Too . . . Friggin'-Shay . . . dude. =)
(dang . . . i'ma havin'a flashbacks to The Age/Era of The Custino Fambly) . .
Musical Interlude to Restore Balance and Harmony .. . =)
xKKP_cZuk54

RadicalModerate
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
And this one reminds me of The Past and The Present.
sOg1MxozVPc
It was on the flip side of the first record I ever bought.

(and rings true . . . right up to now . . .) =)

well . . . don't it?

bluedogok
04-26-2014, 07:18 AM
We saw them (with Brian Wilson) at Red Rocks two summers ago, it is supposed to be out on DVD/Blu-ray. They were still pretty dang good.

Dennis Heaton
04-26-2014, 09:15 AM
bluedogok...I went out to Lowry AFB several times during my AF career and was never able to catch a concert at Red Rocks. . .we always ended up going to Golden. But, we did make it out to Red Rocks in 1986, after another excursion up to Golden and that rocky mountain springs water. We missed Stevie Nicks concert because of that dang water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9koobUI5EUE

RadicalModerate
04-26-2014, 09:47 AM
The one and only concert I ever went to at Red Rocks featured this band when the song was new.

The performance was "enhanced" by a riot at the gate, a police helicopter flying overhead spraying tear gas, marching phalanxes of riot cops, people falling off the rocks and being hauled away in ambulances, and several bottles of Boone's Farm and/or Annie Green Springs plus some "synthetic" mescaline. It was truly a night to remember even if they closed Red Rocks to rock concerts for several years after that. Ian Anderson was a real trooper and kept playing his flute throughout the commotion without missing a note.

UCMS-NJ7VxU

Have any of you musical nostalgia buffs ever watched Saxondale?

Oh! For veracity's sake . . .
http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2008/11/red_rocks_riot_1971.php

I had both the vinyl and the 8-Track versions of several Jethro Tull albums.

bluedogok
04-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Yep, here's another article about the Jethro Tull riot.
Denver Post - Jethro Tull's '71 Red Rocks concert forged a place in rock history (http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18194571)

Lowry AFB is now a housing development.

RadicalModerate
04-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Yep, here's another article about the Jethro Tull riot.
Denver Post - Jethro Tull's '71 Red Rocks concert forged a place in rock history (http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18194571)

Lowry AFB is now a housing development.

Now . . . Imagine this--or something like it--while all the rest of the unrest was going on in the background . . . =)
nqZD7wVxSi0
(it actually DID happen. and I was there. along with the rest of the real life audience.)

(btw; this was back before Stapleton International Airport was also revalued in the direction of housing. =)