View Full Version : Problems with our New Address

cindycat
04-12-2014, 09:15 AM
We recently bought a house in the Choctaw/OKC area. We’ve learned that when we have deliveries of furniture, etc., it’s advisable to stand in the front yard and wave at the delivery truck. GPS, Google Maps, Mapquest and similar systems give the wrong directions. Today I tried to see if AT&T had service in the area and got a reply that they’re unable to find our address.

The house was previously listed on the County Assessor’s website using the builder’s business address, because he was the previous owner. The website has been changed to include the correct mailing address, but the physical address is still the builder’s address. I sent an email through the website this morning to ask about that.

I checked the Address Verification section of okc.gov and got the reply “An exact match was found. This is a valid address in Oklahoma City.”

Is there anything we can do to get this address properly recorded in various systems, or, since it’s a new address, should we just give it time to happen? Thanks.

kevinpate
04-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Correcting bad info online is a bit like dealing with zits. You can wait it out and possibly deal with scars or you can get proactive :)

PennyQuilts
04-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Correcting bad info online is a bit like dealing with zits. You can wait it out and possibly deal with scars or you can get proactive :)

Kevin, are you okay?????? ;)

cindycat
04-12-2014, 12:58 PM

OK, but do you have any idea who I should get proactive...at...with...toward... (or any other preposition with which to end the sentence)?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-20-2014, 01:22 AM
I'm in Choctaw...My street has been here for 9 years and still doesn't show up on about 1/2 of online maps. We still don't have a street sign.

Soooo...Good luck! :D

kevinpate
04-20-2014, 04:59 AM
OK, but do you have any idea who I should get proactive...at...with...toward... (or any other preposition with which to end the sentence)?

Contact the county assessor's office. Find out who is the correct person to visit with regarding incorrect information in their system in general. And, if another person should be known to you regarding the information appearing correctly on their website. Then either call that person, or persons, or perhaps go in their offices and ask to see the correct party. Be polite, overly so, even if it is not returned. Nothing, but nothing, puts a simple request on the back burner like a poor attitude. Notsaying it is right. Just that at times it is. Always being the person someone wants to help to resolve an issue goes a long way.