View Full Version : Midwest City 4th Most Dangerous Suburb in America

bchris02
04-10-2014, 10:08 AM
These Are America's 10 Most Dangerous Suburbs (http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/dangerous-suburbs/)

bombermwc
04-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Talk about a grossly exaggerated report. Just another example of a so called report that doesn't get its facts right. That's the problem with the internet, everyone's an "expert" because they have a website and can write up an article. There is absolutely no way that you're going to tell me that accurate data was used in this report.

bombermwc
04-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Oh and did you notice Moore is on their same chart? Come on......

mmonroe
04-12-2014, 01:12 PM
In putting this ranking together, we looked at a total of 116 suburban cities. These comprise the largest suburbs of the 50 largest cities in the country for which crime data is available. This data comes from the FBI’s uniform crime report for 2012, the latest full-year edition of the bureau’s publication. The data we looked at comprised seven main types of crime:

Murder
Rape
Robbery
Assault
Burglary
Theft
Vehicle Theft

We took these crimes and divided them into four distinct groups: murders, violent crimes, property crimes, and total crimes. After determining the number of each per 100,000 people annually (in order to create a level playing field for comparison) we ranked the suburbs from 1 to 116 in each category, with 1 being the most dangerous.

We then weighted these results whereby murder, total violent crime, and total property crime each comprised 30 percent of the final score each and total crimes made up 10 percent. The average of these weighted scores was used to determine the most dangerous suburb.

This is why it is inaccurate.

Plutonic Panda
04-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I highly doubt Midwest City would even be in the top 20. I can think of 20 other suburbs that are waaaaaaay more dangerous than Midwest City.

mmonroe
04-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Bottom line, it's a bull**** blogger getting hits and getting paid. He doesn't care about smudging a communities reputation because "he's just giving the facts" no matter how skewed or misrepresented they may be. This is negative reinforcement that gives misinformation about Midwest City among other communities around Midwest City. (Yes, I'm talking to you ill-informed snobby north-siders who have never been in Midwest City and care only to form an opinion based on what you hear and not from experience, then share amongst yourselves as to why you'll never go to Midwest City.)

////////////////////// Rant Over

bombermwc
04-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Totally agree.

mmonroe
04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Honestly, I'd rather keep the success were having with development a secret.

Lauri101
04-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Honestly, I'd rather keep the success were having with development a secret.

Me too - keeps out the riff-raff!