View Full Version : Dirt moving on S Western between 134th and 149th?

SOONER8693
04-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know what is going on at this location? It appears to be a fairly large parcel of land. It is on the west side of Western, just south of the abandoned Villa Theresa.

Tavia
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I think it is part of a development by Home Creations.

Roger S
04-04-2014, 08:45 AM

You are correct.

Spartan
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM

Yikes. That used to be a nice stretch. Sad to see S. OKC completely going to crap lately.

SoonerDave
04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Yikes. That used to be a nice stretch. Sad to see S. OKC completely going to crap lately.

Nice generalizations.

Roger S
04-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Yeah, that field full of overgrown weeds and that worn out two lane street were so much nicer to look at than the crappy new 4 lane street and homes.

catcherinthewry
04-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Nice generalizations.

And no one does it better, especially from 1,000 miles away.

Garin
04-04-2014, 02:12 PM
I would have rather seen apartments go in , then another Home Creations neighborhood at least with an apartment complex they usually maintain their property. I call these ideal homes and home creation neighborhoods instant ghettos. The first developer that lost the deal was planning on doing 2700-3000 sqft homes , but now were looking at 1200-1500 sqft.

Spartan
04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that field full of overgrown weeds and that worn out two lane street were so much nicer to look at than the crappy new 4 lane street and homes.

Yes - it's open prairie out on the remote edge of town versus tract housing and traffic.

Somebody help explain what is so great about Ideal Homes or Homecreations. Explain why it's worth diluting the market and eroding home values in established neighborhoods to have a glut of housing that will turn bad fast.

There is already Wildflower down the street where they are building $115,000 new homes. This is the 2014 iteration of the Lustron home-in-a-box kit. I'm not so far away that I don't know what this exact same developer has already done in this zip code, and also remember what a nice street that stretch of Western was with large homes overlooking some land.

When you have a good neighborhood, just leave it be.

MWCGuy
04-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Companies like Home Creations are taking advantage of the surplus of low to median income renters.

Honestly, I think Oklahoma City needs to do what Midwest City is doing. They have a down payment assistance program for lower income families. The set aside funding each year. It's first come, first serve until the money is depleted. Oklahoma City could establish the same program and require that home be an existing structure in an the inner city corridor. There are plenty of nice neighborhoods in all areas of the city. It's just a matter of transforming the residents of these neighborhoods from renters back to homeowners. An abundance of renters always drives home values down. Renter's usually don't care about curb appeal. All they seek is a place to lay their head and keep their stuff.