View Full Version : Northbound I-44 onramp from 10th St Closed

bchris02
03-25-2014, 09:28 PM
I was on 10th street going westbound today and when attempting to get on I-44, I saw the on-ramp was closed. Does anybody have any idea why and how long it will be closed? Sorry if this has already been asked in another thread.

Snowman
03-26-2014, 05:06 AM
Looks like it was already is running later than planned
UPDATE: Northwest Oklahoma City on-ramp to I-44 still closed for bridge repairs | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/03/21/bridge-repairs-close-northwest-oklahoma-city-on-ramp-to-i-44/)

C_M_25
03-26-2014, 06:17 AM
This! Gah, I have been trying to find an alternate way home the past few days because of this, and it has been awful. It would be nice that they put up a sign nearby when they expect it to be open!

I'm going to try to go that way after work. We'll see if it is an exercise of futility or if I'll be pleasantly surprised.

LakeEffect
03-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Looks like it was already is running later than planned
UPDATE: Northwest Oklahoma City on-ramp to I-44 still closed for bridge repairs | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/03/21/bridge-repairs-close-northwest-oklahoma-city-on-ramp-to-i-44/)

I was surprised by the lack of any signage over the weekend. It always stings a little when you see something closed and absolutely no one around working...

C_M_25
03-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Well, I was disappointed again going over to that ramp. You know, the way this is being handled has been frustrating. They have had cones blocking that ramp off for nearly a week. I have been by there 5 days or so since, and I only saw a concrete truck there one time with nobody around it working.

Sometimes I think these guys just like to mess with us and make us mad.

LakeEffect
03-27-2014, 07:16 AM
ODOT says it'll be closed through Sunday now. http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/traffax/okc/wed_march_26.pdf

Plutonic Panda
03-27-2014, 09:46 AM
wrong thread

LakeEffect
03-27-2014, 10:02 AM
wrong thread

What?

Plutonic Panda
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
What?I typed something in and realized I typed it in the wrong thread so I deleted it and moved it to the New I-40 thread.

C_M_25
04-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Does anybody have a clue what is going on with this access ramp? I drove through it today and they had the outside lane coned off and the ramp was closed again. This area has become a real thorn in my side. If we had some warning the on-ramp was closed, I could take an alternate route that is faster than driving up to it and having to go up to 23rd. It was open yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, in the same area, on general pershing between villa and may, they have the west-bound lanes closed off. There has been ongoing construction in the area for a while now, but this is the first time they have restricted access. Any idea what in the world they are working on over there? They have installed a big concrete drainage thing for the creek between the road, but it kinda seems pointless.

TheTravellers
04-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Does anybody have a clue what is going on with this access ramp? I drove through it today and they had the outside lane coned off and the ramp was closed again. This area has become a real thorn in my side. If we had some warning the on-ramp was closed, I could take an alternate route that is faster than driving up to it and having to go up to 23rd. It was open yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, in the same area, on general pershing between villa and may, they have the west-bound lanes closed off. There has been ongoing construction in the area for a while now, but this is the first time they have restricted access. Any idea what in the world they are working on over there? They have installed a big concrete drainage thing for the creek between the road, but it kinda seems pointless.

Southbound off-ramp to westbound 10th was also closed yesterday. Open today, though. Seems like they're doing a bunch of random **** around that intersection. Would be nice if the city had something on their website to show construction projects like that one so we could plan (they may do that, but I dug around a bunch yesterday, didn't find squat).