View Full Version : Jim Traber

Tydude
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Does Anyone know where is Jim Traber is he on Vacation or has he been suspend from the radio after what happen on his show on Friday with him attacking Perk's Wife.

Klop
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM
He had said on air last week, he was going to New York I believe.

SoonerDave
03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Does Anyone know where is Jim Traber is he on Vacation or has he been suspend from the radio after what happen on his show on Friday with him attacking Perk's Wife.

Said well before any of the Perkins business that he was going to be off some days this week.

You've got to understand - there's NO WAY the Animal will "suspend" him over stuff like this. It's precisely this kind of stuff that MAKES him worth the huge chunk of change they JUST paid him to sign on for a contract renewal. The skirmish between him and Perkins (either one) is free publicity for the station in general and him in particular, and his show has the ratings to back up his antics.

Urbanized
03-11-2014, 09:20 PM
OK, so fill those of us who don't know in on the Traber/Vanity scuffle...

SoonerDave
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Well, Traber has been (as is his style) unabashed in his criticism of Perkins' play on court - no offense, overrated on defense, general liability, you name it, he's said it. And said it for a long time.

For whatever reason now more than any other time, Vanity Perkins got wind of Traber's more recent epistle, and it set her off. She went off on Twitter on a series of anti-Traber rants. Now, in my view, you couldn't give Traber any greater gift than to promote to broad, social media what he has to say, and this was no exception. So, even without his famously deleted Twitter account from a couple of years ago (?), Traber took Vanity to task on-air, defending his position, and asserting that he had nothing personal against Perkins - just his play on the court.

This elicited even more exchanges, many of which are reposted over at TheLostOgle. This went on until around 4pm, and coming out of the commercial break when he starts his segment with Al, little to no further word was mentioned of it, and Vanity Perkins issued a "cooling off" tweet about how she shouldn't have let things "get to her" or words to that effect. Lots of rumor about whether Thunder management got involved on either or both sides to simmer down, or whether Traber just didn't care to roll on about it anymore, or something else happened.

Anyway, it was huge free pub for Traber, and anyone who listens to him knows his opinions on Perk. That the latest round somehow inflamed Vanity Perkins' ire any more now than previously is a little odd, IMHO. And she's apparently had some other PR wars of her own, so take it all for what it's worth.

Tydude
03-12-2014, 01:58 PM
just a FYI Traber is back on the radio today

Just the facts
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Here is the thing I wish more people would learn in situations like this, don't argue with someone who will be around long after you leave. It's like betting against the house in Vegas - you can't win in the long run.

10 years from now Traber can say - remember Perkins and his crazy wife.... and no one will be around to defend them.

Bellaboo
03-12-2014, 02:08 PM

DailyThunder.com has the entire rundown...I believe in yesterdays Bolts.

traxx
03-13-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm still amazed people listen to that station for their sports radio fix.

SOONER8693
03-13-2014, 10:11 AM
DailyThunder.com has the entire rundown...I believe in yesterdays Bolts.

Agree. I would listen to nothing for the rest of my life, before I would listen to that trash.

ou48A
03-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm still amazed people listen to that station for their sports radio fix.
I'm amazed too..... There are better options.

Day after day WWLS is nothing more than a big argument.
But Traber does a great job of attracting the low IQ types.

traxx
03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
But Traber does a great job of attracting the low IQ types.

I think bounce listens to wwls.

Wheres_my_shirt
04-03-2014, 07:52 AM
While I'm fine with ribbing him for his on air content, constantly taking off work, and his ability to hit a golf ball much less a baseball, I'm not a fan of publicizing alleged rumors. Especially if they are insinuating he's a cheater in his marriage or having a gay affair (not that being gay is wrong).

Pete
04-03-2014, 08:14 AM
^

I deleted the post you are referencing.