View Full Version : John Travolta

kelroy55
02-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Want to feel old? John Travolta is turning 60. Seems like yesterday he was on Welcome Back Kotter.

SoonerDave
02-19-2014, 07:33 AM
Want to feel old? John Travolta is turning 60. Seems like yesterday he was on Welcome Back Kotter.

Yeah, and keep in mind, too, that at least two of his "classmates" have already passed away - Ron Palillo (sp) played "Horseshack," and Robert Heyges, who I believe played "Epstein..."

Just the facts
02-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Yeah, and keep in mind, too, that at least two of his "classmates" have already passed away - Ron Palillo (sp) played "Horseshack," and Robert Heyges, who I believe played "Epstein..."

...and let's not forget Kenickie (Jeff Conway) from Grease.

RadicalModerate
02-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Want to feel REALLY old? Imagine that John Travolta is a couple of years younger than you are. =)

ctchandler
02-19-2014, 10:16 AM
RM,
I don't have to take this abuse! We need some political correctness on this site. On the other hand, I am younger than Paul Mcartney.
C. T.
Want to feel REALLY old? Imagine that John Travolta is a couple of years younger than you are. =)

Achilleslastand
02-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Whatchyou talking bout Willis.............opps wrong show.

Pete
02-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Saturday Night Fever was one of the most influential films of the 70's. Not only was their all the disco stuff (and a record-smashing soundrack) but it was actually a pretty dark and racy film for the time.

It came out my senior year in high school and that starring role is still how I think of him.

Bigrayok
02-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Saturday Night Fever was one of the most influential films of the 70's. Not only was their all the disco stuff (and a record-smashing soundrack) but it was actually a pretty dark and racy film for the time.

It came out my senior year in high school and that starring role is still how I think of him.

People like to make fun of Travolta but he is a really good actor in my opinion.

Bigray in Ok

PennyQuilts
02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Pulp Fiction - one of my favorites.

boscorama
02-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Never been a big fan but recall a tv movie where he lived in a bubble, costarring his real-life girlfriend, the older woman. Anyone remember that?

RadicalModerate
02-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Never been a big fan but recall a tv movie where he lived in a bubble, costarring his real-life girlfriend, the older woman. Anyone remember that?

I think they did a version of that story one time on Seinfeld.
Re: Classic, non Vinnie Barbarino, Travolta . . . Now about "Get Shorty"?

Mel
02-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Don't Mess With Barbarino And Gimme Drugs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNYiJSkF7oA)

RadicalModerate
02-20-2014, 07:06 PM
"Boy . . . They ain't no need t' git high on drugs,
When ye kin be high on Scientology."
~L. Ron Hubbard's Mom