View Full Version : Failed Rail Crossing Construction

bombermwc
02-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know the best place to file a complaint to OKC for how a rail crossing construction project has been completed?

I didn't get a chance to see who the contractor was because they did it so fast (which is probably why it sucks), but someone did finally come back and try to correct the Sooner Rd rail crossing just north of 240. So while you no longer drive up and down 30 deg. angles like you're on a roller coaster, they must have used the worse possible grade asphalt to do it.

By the end of the day of construction, most lanes (and especially lane 1 southbound) was already coming apart. So now both sides have huge potholes in the approaches. And this all happened before there was even any snow or ice on the roads!!!! That weather just made it worse.

I just don't understand why someone isn't watching these projects and signing off on their completion. If anyone was watching, surely they would have been able to see this and make the contractor repair it!!!!! And if it's city employees, then they need to come back and correct it themselves.

LakeEffect
02-17-2014, 07:44 AM
File a complaint with the Corporation Commission - they have authority over grade crossings. OKC has no jurisdiction.

OCC Transportation Division Railroad (http://www.occeweb.com/tr/RRHome.htm)

HangryHippo
02-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know the best place to file a complaint to OKC for how a rail crossing construction project has been completed?

I didn't get a chance to see who the contractor was because they did it so fast (which is probably why it sucks), but someone did finally come back and try to correct the Sooner Rd rail crossing just north of 240. So while you no longer drive up and down 30 deg. angles like you're on a roller coaster, they must have used the worse possible grade asphalt to do it.

By the end of the day of construction, most lanes (and especially lane 1 southbound) was already coming apart. So now both sides have huge potholes in the approaches. And this all happened before there was even any snow or ice on the roads!!!! That weather just made it worse.

I just don't understand why someone isn't watching these projects and signing off on their completion. If anyone was watching, surely they would have been able to see this and make the contractor repair it!!!!! And if it's city employees, then they need to come back and correct it themselves.

I was just out that way yesterday and it's awful. How the hell does is work like that even allowed to happen? It's as if someone puked asphalt down on either side of the tracks.

LakeEffect
02-17-2014, 08:04 AM
OCC Motor Carrier and Railroad Complaint Form (http://www.occeweb.com/complaints/MC&RRComplaints2.html)

rezman
02-17-2014, 09:15 AM
It's probably the same company that did the crossing "repair" on Danforth in Edmond, just west of Broadway.

bombermwc
02-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Thanks, complaint officially filed!! Hopefully, someone will get this taken care of CORRECTLY for a change. All the cheap work they've done up and down Sooner Rd these days has been leaving a less-than-desirable outcome.