View Full Version : Bricktown Parking Lot

John Knight
02-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know why the parking lot north of Main St (behind Skinny Slim's) is hardly open? It is a huge space that is being wasted. I have passed by during several Thunder games and on the weekends and it's closed a majority of the time.

How is this possible?

jedicurt
02-11-2014, 08:14 AM
which entrance are you going to? the one by Skinny slims is often closed, but there is a second entrance on the far west end (turn by the buffalos) and there is usually someone there. I park here quite often for Thunder Games and Barons Games

John Knight
02-11-2014, 09:47 AM
which entrance are you going to? the one by Skinny slims is often closed, but there is a second entrance on the far west end (turn by the buffalos) and there is usually someone there. I park here quite often for Thunder Games and Barons Games

I was not aware that there was a second entrance, thanks jedicurt!

However, that doesn't explain why it's usually closed. The main entrance (east of Skinny Slim's) has a huge lit up sign that says "Bricktown Parking" yet it's consistently unmanned. I just feel like this has to be some kind of violation considering the parking is becoming more and more limited around Bricktown. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Mr. Cotter
02-11-2014, 09:54 AM
I park there every day, and it's always open. I have a card that opens the unmanned gates, and the main entrance, between 1 E. Main and the renovated 3 E. Main is open from early in the morning until late at night. Daily parking is $3, I think evenings jump to $5.

Urbanized
02-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Wait...a violation? Of what?

John Knight
02-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Wait...a violation? Of what?

Wrong words maybe... All I know is that I have tried to park there for several Thunder games this season and last. Every time except for one it has been closed at the main entrance. I just don't understand why.