View Full Version : Christmas lights installation company

Easy180
11-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Wife is really wanting lights this year and since I don't do roofs I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations. Also wanted to ask how much dough I might be shelling out.

Thanks!

Garin
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Runs about four bucks per foot if you need the lights also. Just to hang your lights is about 1.50 per foot. Trees and shrubs are based on how many strands you want.

OSUPeterson
11-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Had my house quoted.

To just do the bottom line around the house (it was around 250 ft of line - 1980 sq ft house). Companies were coming back with $400-$500 for the lights and about $400 a year to install and take down. To just do the front of the house, and all the lines on the front, it was around 300 ft and the cost was closer to $600.

I have a steep roof, and really wanted the eaves done, but the cost was going to be way too high. I ended up just doing the lowest eave around the house and over the peak on the garage. I was able to do it with a ladder, and using a set of clips over my garage where the height was a little over 20ft. There clips you can get at lowes that come with an 11' extendable pole to install them. The hang down as the clip just holds the line and not the actual plug, but you can install the clips so that every light hangs the same way, looks just fine. I stapled the rest of the lights into the shingles.

The cost was around $90 bucks for the string (I got at north pole city, but you can find cheaper online). I used c9 led green and white lights and was able to get them online for around $1.18 - $1.25 a bulb. If you goto north pole city, they want $2 bucks a bulb, which is crazy.

I bought my G12 (small round globe lights that chesapeake uses) at north pole city and they were $15 for about 25 feet. I used 2 strands on my small trees of about ~4" diameter and went about 7-8' high with them. They aren't as dense as the chesapeake lights, but look fine.

Easy180
11-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Sounds like my wife will just make me get up there then lol