View Full Version : Mexican Food Trucks

Prunepicker
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I tried El Dolar today. Located at S.W. 44th and S. May Ave.

Stepped out of my comfort zone and tried the Lengua and Tripa tacos.
Muy bien y sabroso! La salsa roja y verde era(?) muy buenos! Served
with 1/2 a jalapeno, a grilled Serrano and a pickled carrot slice.
Excelente!

They don't have peanut butter so bring your own.

Spent $2.75.

Roger S
09-30-2013, 05:03 AM
I've only tried El Dolar once but it was some of the best I've had in OKC.

BBatesokc
09-30-2013, 05:24 AM
On occasion when we are having a casual get-together and need some ready-made food for a football watch party etc. we go to the Mexican food truck on 10th street next to what used to be a strip bar. I have them pack up all the stuff for 50 tacos into separate containers. We put it out like a buffet and they are only $1 each. Cheapest catering around and everybody really likes them. However, I usually have to tell them after they've eaten that their favorite was either the tongue or cheek meat.

I usually get a mix of meats in different containers, but those two are always everyone's favorites.

Roger S
09-30-2013, 06:19 AM
On occasion when we are having a casual get-together and need some ready-made food for a football watch party etc. we go to the Mexican food truck on 10th street next to what used to be a strip bar.

I've heard nothing but good things about that truck and every time I've driven by it at lunch there has been a line. Guess I need to finally get over there and give it a try.

MustangGT
09-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Don Pan 2500 S. Western.

Prunepicker
09-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Don Pan 2500 S. Western.
Across from Coit's, right? I'll try it the next time I'm down there, which
is often.

Prunette and I found a brick and mortar that has an incredible pork roast
and it's on the southwest corner of S.W. 29th and S. Western. The
pastries are marginal but the pork roast is to die for! The price is about
$8 per lb.

The caramelized bits can cause a serious fight between the best of
friends and lovers.

MustangGT
10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Across from Coit's, right? I'll try it the next time I'm down there, which
is often.

Prunette and I found a brick and mortar that has an incredible pork roast
and it's on the southwest corner of S.W. 29th and S. Western. The
pastries are marginal but the pork roast is to die for! The price is about
$8 per lb.

The caramelized bits can cause a serious fight between the best of
friends and lovers.

That's the one. Her food is great. The tamales are to die for! I have not tried any of them yet but late night there are usually 4-6 trucks at NW 23/Ann Arbor.

MrZ
10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I live near SW 104th & May and El Dolar is only a quick 10 minute drive down May most nights. I am a night owl so it is common for me to head down there at 11pm or later. I usually call ahead (628-5926) and by the time I get there my order is ready. I pretty much always get 3 chicken and 3 beef tacos with a side of rice & beans and a Mexican Coke. Some pretty interesting characters down there at night, so I usually get some entertainment with my meal. Get hit up every now and then for change or by someone trying to sell me knockoff cologne. Hard to beat the taste and I love the sauces and relish slices they throw on top.

Prunepicker
10-02-2013, 07:36 PM
El Dolar doesn't have their complete menu posted. Too much of the space
is covered by posters of the patron saint "the lady of Guadelupe. The
next time I visit I'll order beef and chicken tacos with rice and beans.

I find the posters of the "lady of Guadalupe" kind of creepy. I'll still
eat there. It's a personal observation. I won't condemn their religious
views since there's no point in doing so. I just find it creepy.

CuatrodeMayo
10-02-2013, 10:22 PM
There is a El Dolar that occasionally parks across from the 7-11 at NW 10th and Western. Same folks?

MrZ
10-02-2013, 11:36 PM
There is a El Dolar that occasionally parks across from the 7-11 at NW 10th and Western. Same folks?
Yes, they have 2 trucks.

WilliamTell
10-05-2013, 01:51 AM
Tried it yesterday. Steak burrito was awesome and chicken qiesdilla was just good.
would've been better with steak.

Easy180
10-05-2013, 05:54 AM
I think there is another El Dolar truck parked around SW 54th & Shields east side in an old Mexican restaurant parking lot

Roger S
10-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I think there is another El Dolar truck parked around SW 54th & Shields east side in an old Mexican restaurant parking lot

That one is called Mister Dolar.... not sure if all the Dolar trucks are the same ore not.

WilliamTell
10-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Sorry - Posted from phone so i figured it would give it a better review.

We ordered 4 items, carne asada burrito (steak, beans, rice, onions, cilanto - all the stuff that regulary comes with it), chicken quesadilla (chicken,cheese, spices, onions - all the stuff that regularly comes with it), and a steak taco, and chicken taco. All for 10 dollars even. We called ahead by about 15 minutes and had to wait around 10 minutes to get our number called just because they were fairly busy.

Everything was very good, but my wife didnt really care for the quesadilla and it wasnt my favorite either. For their chicken items they use chicken thats marinated in some spices and is red in color. I love spicy food, and it wasnt bad or overally spicy; but didnt hold a candle to their asada.

Chicken taco had the same type of chicken and was good, asada taco had their excellent beef and regular street taco toppings. I think next time we would go for the steak again and try out the pork.

Its the best food truck ive been too and for the price it cannot be beat (10 bucks for two full meals, and 2 tacos added onto side, 1 extra side of peppers), but taco's don nacho's still holds my number 1 place even if it cost 2x more.

Easy180
10-05-2013, 03:45 PM
That one is called Mister Dolar.... not sure if all the Dolar trucks are the same ore not.

Yes you are certainly right I just remembered the Dolar part