View Full Version : Van's Pig Stand

HamWx
08-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Another new strip center is coming to Moore at 19th & Tower and its anchor will be the new Vans:

News | Moore Monthly (http://themooredaily.com/news/vans-pig-stands-announces-plans-to-rebuild)

Bimmerdude
08-22-2013, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if they were going to rebuild in the same spot again.

Roger S
08-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I head heard rumors they were moving to the location at 19th and Tower before the tornado.

bille
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I head heard rumors they were moving to the location at 19th and Tower before the tornado.
I was beginning to think that move wasn't going to happen. IIRC that space was brought up at a city council meeting nearly two years ago as a future location for Van's and it was approved. Perhaps they just needed a little pursuation and pocket change to break ground.

MonkeesFan
10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Building Van's Pig Stand on Tower Drive is a terrible location in my opinion

bille
10-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Care to explain why?

MWCGuy
10-04-2013, 01:18 AM
I predict the entry/exit will likely be on Tower Drive. The center will probably face 19th Street. Access really won't be too much different than there old location on 4th and Telephone.

bille
10-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Access will be off of Tower (it's the only possibility) and yes, I do believe the strip will face 19th, again I think that's the only way it'll fit.

Access won't be much better than on 4th but I don't think traffic is/will be as bad as it was on 4th. I can't speak for parking but maybe the store itself will at least be a little bigger. Then again, I can't think of any Van's that has great access, is big inside, or has ample parking.

MonkeesFan
10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Care to explain why?

I just think that Van's Pig Stand is in a weird location right next to a storage room

MonkeesFan
10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Access will be off of Tower (it's the only possibility) and yes, I do believe the strip will face 19th, again I think that's the only way it'll fit.

Access won't be much better than on 4th but I don't think traffic is/will be as bad as it was on 4th. I can't speak for parking but maybe the store itself will at least be a little bigger. Then again, I can't think of any Van's that has great access, is big inside, or has ample parking.

I think it might be bad as 4th