View Full Version : OKC Eats: Where would you take a date?

Prunepicker
08-19-2013, 07:19 PM
My last date was Bobo's then Cheever's for carrot cake.
I highly recommend them.

Chadanth
08-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Nonnas for outdoor, RePublic if she's a sport fan, Local in Norman if she's a foodie.

Stew
08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
A little Caesars hot-or-ready, a 36 pack of boxer and double queens at the motel 6.

Chadanth
08-19-2013, 07:49 PM
A little Caesars hot-or-ready, a 36 pack of boxer and double queens at the motel 6.

Maybe a bottle of the finest Boones Farms?

bradh
08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I like the booth at Red Prime that's damn near a circle...very private.

kevinpate
08-20-2013, 04:50 AM
My last date was Bobo's then Cheever's for carrot cake.
I highly recommend them.

Either BoBo's fires up earlier than I realized, or Cheever's stays open later than I knew. I like mix and match though, so well done.

RadicalModerate
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
If the other person likes really, really good food for a very reasonable price I'd suggest Chefs Di Domani.
If the food itself isn't a focal point of the date, there are obviously lots of other good suggestions.

BBatesokc
08-20-2013, 05:40 AM
The wife always likes a date-night at Paseo Grill in one of their booths with a beaded curtain.

Roger S
08-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Either BoBo's fires up earlier than I realized, or Cheever's stays open later than I knew. I like mix and match though, so well done.

Last time I was at Bobo's, been a couple of years, they were open by 8 PM.

Midtowner
08-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Rococo.

warreng88
08-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Multiple courses? Cheevers for the Juan's Queso, Paseo Grill for the entree, Melting Pot for their fondue dessert then Red Prime for a night cap.

kevinpate
08-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Multiple courses? Cheevers for the Juan's Queso, Paseo Grill for the entree, Melting Pot for their fondue dessert then Red Prime for a night cap.

I like the way you think.

BBatesokc
08-20-2013, 08:58 AM
We end many a date night at the Red Prime bar or Cheever's with a Roasted Pecan Ice Cream Ball!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember a restaurant by the name of The Brass Rose that used to be on Memorial?

I bartended there for awhile - and even after, one of my favorite late night dessert stops was there for a homemade Brandy Ice. They made the best.

Teo9969
08-21-2013, 02:49 AM
You can get good Brandy Ice at most of the prime steakhouses, I believe. I know that Junior's (not a prime steakhouse), Mahogany, Ranch, Boulevard have them or sure. All of these places make a good brandy ice.

BBatesokc
08-21-2013, 07:25 AM
You can get good Brandy Ice at most of the prime steakhouses, I believe. I know that Junior's (not a prime steakhouse), Mahogany, Ranch, Boulevard have them or sure. All of these places make a good brandy ice.

I've ordered Brandi Ice at several local restaurants - just because the offer it, it doesn't mean its exceptional (or even acceptable). Same goes for a Mojito.

On that same note, most restaurants with a bar offer a 'margarita' - however, very few actually make anything that even comes close to resembling a true traditional margarita.

SSEiYah
08-21-2013, 07:48 AM
My favorites: Ranch, Red Prime, Cheever's, Kyles 1025, Paseo, Signature, VAST-before a thunder game (food is not that good, but view is awesome)

Teo9969
08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I've ordered Brandi Ice at several local restaurants - just because the offer it, it doesn't mean its exceptional (or even acceptable). Same goes for a Mojito.

On that same note, most restaurants with a bar offer a 'margarita' - however, very few actually make anything that even comes close to resembling a true traditional margarita.

I didn't say you can get *a* brandy ice, I said you can get *good* brandy ice...Do you disagree? If so, why?

BBatesokc
08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I didn't say you can get *a* brandy ice, I said you can get *good* brandy ice...Do you disagree? If so, why?

Never had one since that was more than some cheap vanilla ice cream and brandy thrown into a blender and served basically as a brandy shake. Many don't even add a quality brandy or white creme de cacao and none had shaved chocolate on top. That's why I've switched to the Pecan Ice Cream Ball - love it!