View Full Version : Police letter of good conduct

OSUMom
06-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Has anyone here ever had to get one of these for Visa purposes? I've looked around on the Web a bit and not finding much help. I will try just calling the main police number and asking, but thought I would try here first.

RadicalModerate
06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
I had to look up what a "police letter of good conduct" was because I honestly thought this had something to do with obtaining a credit card.

OSUMom
06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
I know, it's pretty vague. But I called the police department and they put me in touch with the people I needed to talk to. My daughter is going out of the country for a while to study and the student visa needed this letter. She says she has talked to other students and they all said it was one of the hardest things to get for the student visa because a lot of the smaller police departments don't have any idea what this is. I guess it is just a fancy name for a criminal background check. At least that is what the OKC police department told me, so I hope what they give her will work. She is currently out of state working on a summer internship or she would be messing with this. I told her I would try to find out what she needs to do for when she returns.