View Full Version : Source for Olive Juice/Brine

foodiefan
06-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know of a local source for olive juice/brine? I'm making a large quantity of dirty martini's and the brine in the bottle of olives isn't enough. It is available on line (Anazon, et al), but would prefer to have a local source if possible. Thanks!!

Martin
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
i wonder if you could go to any grocery with an olive bar and load up on brine... though you'd be paying the per pound price for olives. maybe forward foods is small enough to have someone on site to negotiate a price for just buying some of the brine. -M

bandnerd
06-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Maybe the Mediterranean place on May?

Dubya61
06-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe the Mediterranean place on May?

Great pancetta, there, BTW, as well as Mozzarella di Bufala.

foodiefan
06-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone!! Love Med Deli. . .will try there first and then maybe FF. DM's on tap for the week-end!!

kevinpate
06-14-2013, 11:35 AM
If you end up buying several jars of green olives, and don't need all those olives ... let's talk. I used to get little jars of green olives in my Christmas stocking instead of candy when I was growing up. Then it switched to larger jars wrapped as a present. Yeah, I kinda like them. Not a big fan of black olives,but if you chop .them up enough, they are passable as extra filler in enchiladas and mixed amongst the meat on pizza

LibertyOKC
06-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Café Equipment & Supply, at 5th & S. Broadway in OKC sells Olive Juice.